Hello from the NJ/NY area

O

OUTsane

Hi, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to put in these intro posts, I usually skip over them when I join a forum. I've been collecting knives since I was about eight, I think, I've always been into wood and metal working, and recently decided that I wanted to start making some knives of my own.

I met Bill T at the Gun and Knife show over in White Planes the other day, he had some nice knives there. He answered all of my questions, told me about this forum, and even gave me a couple D2 blanks. If you're reading this, thanks again Bill!

I'm also into cars and motorcycles(dirtbikes to be specific), and enjoy working on them(bikes more so than cars).

Here's a pic of my bikes and car since I don't have any good shots of my tools or overcrowded work area/garage.
f7240d12.jpg

I'm looking forward to making my first knife and I'm sure I'll be on here a lot in the process.

Sorry if this post is a bit disorganized.

Hey OUTsane !! So glad you made it ! Thank you for signing up , we have some great guys here who will help you out anyway we can .
Indian George is a great guy who has some of the best Hammer-ins in the Northeast . If you want to try forging , it's a great way to get your feet wet .​
Again , Welcome . Bill​

And make sure you check out some of the Give-aways we have going on in the main forum !

Hey OUTsane, welcome to the forum. Nice looking collection of bikes you have there. If I was about 100 years younger I'd be riding right along side you. Bill T. is real good people and I'm glad he introduced you to this forum. Please, don't ever be afraid to ask a question of the guys on here - you won't ever get a smart-a$$ answer. Everyone here helps everyone else more than any place I've ever been. Now quit reading and go make a knife.

Welcome to KD.......
Even though you know Bill.:what!:

Don't hesitate to ask any questions,everyone here is pretty helpful. If we don't know the answer.....call Bill, he knows everything.:biggrin:

Welcome,
Rudy

Thanks for the welcome, guys! Forums can be hit or miss when it comes to hospitality, you guys are obviously a hit.

Hammer-ins? What exactly does that entail? I'm interested. I might just have to make a trip out your way some time Indian George. Oh, by the way, Indian like the moto?

Pieter, how close is Edenvale to Jo'berg? I've got family out there, it's a beautiful Country.

As far as my progress on my knife, I'm still working on a design. I've gotta start sketching something up.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! Forums can be hit or miss when it comes to hospitality, you guys are obviously a hit.

Hammer-ins? What exactly does that entail? I'm interested. I might just have to make a trip out your way some time Indian George. Oh, by the way, Indian like the moto?

Pieter, how close is Edenvale to Jo'berg? I've got family out there, it's a beautiful Country.

As far as my progress on my knife, I'm still working on a design. I've gotta start sketching something up.

Edenvale is in the greater Jo'burg area, about 15 min from Jo'burg centre and about 10 min from OR Tambo airport. Yes I agree 100% with you it is a beautiful country.

Yep!!! I have owned my 1947 Indian Chief for 39 years.
Checkout this link on the Hammer-Ins that we have here.
http://www.tharkis.com/ig09spring.html

Attachments

• indme.jpg
    indme.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
Back