New here

J.Leclair

Hey all. I'm a newb to knife making but I have the bug bad. I have completed 2 knives so far and have 3 more ready to send out for HT. (they've been ready for quite awhile now but havn't had the funds to send them away as my wife lost her job) I work in shipping for a company that makes garage doors. I have a 3 year old daughter and a beagle. I'm in the planning stages of building an eerf grinder. my bro in law works for a water jet shop and is gong to cut the peices for me for the cost of the steel and garnet for the machine so as soon as I can swing it I'll be working on that. but till then I have a 10" contact wheel that a friend of the family who used to make knives is letting me borrow. I have about 30 feet of varied sizes and thicknesses of 440c and a box full of random bits and bobs, handle scales pin/bolster materia, leather and leather working tools ect.. that the same fellow included with the grinder. well thats enough about me :steve:

Welcome to the Knife Dogs and good luck with your knife making adventure,You came to a great site for information, We have some very talented makers that don't mind sharing info.

thanks for the warm welcome guys. hope to learn alot from everyone here.
here's some pix of my knives, my grinder and a birch burl I found this year while hunting.

Welcome to the pack! It looks to me like you're off to a fairly good start. I really like the design of the blade in the fourth pic.

thanks guys.
Murphda2 that knife in the 4th pic is also my fave so far I cant wait till I can afford to get going on these knives again having them sitting in my drawer waiting is killing me lol.

Back