Missouri clubs ?

We didn't get but 5" or so . And it will take more than that to hold me back ! I will be there . Bubba if ya go let me know , and that for a for anyone else interested in a Missouri knifemakers club . I should be there before 10 am Saturday morning .
Hope to see a bunch of Missouri guys there. Drive safe if you do drive .

It finally stopped snowing , I was starting to doubt if I was going !! but the sun came out and it dont look too bad . So I will be there

That was a.pretty good show.on St.Louis . No supply vendors though . I did talk to a few Missouri makers ,hot some gray information . And it was good meet Bubba .

Yes it was a good show , It was really packed all day saturday , I only went the one day . I picked up about 25 business cards of possible members . It was nice to meet you and your brother . I must have walked through about 5 times ! you never know what you might miss . I did miss a real nice signed wakizashi in shirasaya , Heck. I walked by it a couple times didnt see it . I will stay in touch . If the weather stays decent the shows will have better attendence. Maybe this spring we will have a hammer -in ? Bubba

Id be very interested in a club - I live in St Louis and cant seem to find much in the way of mentoring or formal instruction. I started making a knife from a scrap piece of metal with a bench vise and a hand held grinder. Poor planning. I almost crushed and/or impaled my foot when the whole mess broke off the bench. I figure Id better start with some instruction from someone who knows what the heck they are doing.

If this progresses, or if you have someone that might offer instruction, Id be very interested in knowing.

Thanks gents!

Maybe we can start a missouri club ? we talked about this on several occassions but, we can always get together for hammerin .What part mo. you from ???

Im in St Louis city. I have a great passion for knives, and I would love to make a few of my own someday. I have been looking online for formal instruction but have had no luck.

Do you live near St Louis?

I used to live in St Louis , near jamieson and pernod ave about a block from lindenwood park .. I now live between potosi and steelville after I retired from military. We should try and get all the makers and whoever ,together at one of the st louis knife shows and we can talk about starting a new Missouri Knife club !! I dont do too much stock removal ( although I can ) Usually forge my blades . Maybe a group of us can get together and have a hammerin ? Bubba

Bubba and I met at the January knife show at the carpenters hall , just ran short on time for much discussion about a club . But I still would like to get some makers together .
My big holdup is I need about 10 more hours in the day to keep up,at work and home . I will be putting up a thread as soon as I van get a bit of logistics work straight .

Dan

Back