"Got here as fast as I could"

Howdy from Texas!
I am not a knife maker but a hide pounder (leather worker) however I have made a few woodworking knives in my day. I would like to offer my "two cents" if I see an oportunity :biggrin: as for as leatherworking and I'm sure, without question, I can learn from all of you. I have been working with leather off and on for many years but very heavy the last year. I look forward to learning from you all.

welcome to KD. We can always use another leather wrangler.
t

BRICK-1.gif

A fixed blade knife without a professional hand made leather sheath to me may as well sit on a shelf and collect dust.

I am always searching for the most beautiful leather sheath for any and all of my knives. Tooling,inserts,designs, I love it all.

Great to have another sheath maker in The Pound.

Peace.

Howdy from Texas!
I am not a knife maker but a hide pounder (leather worker) however I have made a few woodworking knives in my day. I would like to offer my "two cents" if I see an oportunity :biggrin: as for as leatherworking and I'm sure, without question, I can learn from all of you. I have been working with leather off and on for many years but very heavy the last year. I look forward to learning from you all.

BWL and Prince of Peace.....the hardest thing as a knife maker for me as a newbie knife man...is finding good leather at reasonable prices. I don't like LA or anywhere near it..been here all my life. The only good is you can find a lot of product if you know whom to ask. "What is Good Leather and Where do you get it" That's my long question and what is a good price????!!! Thanks Maybe we could move this to the main forum? It would help me....

Back