Teachers gift

D

darci

my teacher has apples but no knife to cut it with "LOL" so I'll fix that ,I'll box it up for her ,so as she don't get in trouble at school for having a knife,i know she has one its a real ugly knife . I'll fix that too !!!!! I have hardened the knife i'm giving my teacher ,and seen the pattern for the first time and WOW ITS !!!!! I DON'T KNOW WOW. today when i get home from two softball games and basketball practice ,Iam going to put the handle on ,then more pic's.I'll be giving this to her next week .
Darci "Ironarmknives"
DSC01327.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01318.jpg
    DSC01318.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3
Little sister, that ROCKS!

Wow, very nice indeed. I'm tellin' ya, you gotta Facebook my kids to get them with the program :)

Contratulations. That's a very thoughtful gift. If people only knew what all went into making a knife....

Post more pics when you get the handle on that bad-boy (bad-girl?)

BC

Great job Darci. I need to get you in touch with my wife and get her on board with knife making. She has entirely too much machine shop knowledge and experience not to be more involved.

Keep up the great work Darci. You'll be teaching your dad how to do this before long.

Murph

Most excellent gift and job almost well done....just as soona s she is handled2thumbs Love the damascus!!!

A+ for a beautiful blade
A+ for San Diego:D

Great work Darci,

Hey all Thanks for supporting Darci so much the nice words make her work more in the shop and i like that . she asked me to post some pic's for her today as long as i didn't say anything weird "quote" . these are of her glueing the handles on her teachers knife .she should finish sanding it down tonight I'll buff it out for her. Again Thanks for being so nice .
DSC01333.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

Knife looks great 2thumbs, when I first read "teacher will get in trouble for having a knife" I had to scroll up to read location, then it hit me, San Diego. I'm pretty lucky to live in a rural area, on Friday while taking notes I pulled a pencil out of my pocket and discovered the tip was broke, my teacher just happened to be walking beside me when he saw what the look on my face, he asked if I wanted another one, and I said no I'll go sharpen it and I ended up complaining about how a pocket knife doesn't leave it with as fragile of a tip. Next thing I know he asks for the pencil so I give it to him, and he pulls out his pocket knife, black blade with serrations about the size of a blur and begins sharpening it for me in a crowded room of students 2thumbs, and then when someone commented on how sharp it was he said, "A country boy doesn't carry a dull knife, and if it don't shave you it ain't sharp". :eek: Sorry for the derail.

I would have to say.....Darci......You have me beat by miles.....lol That is a great looking blade you are making. I have yet to grind my first out, but thanks for the inspiration.

Cant wait to see the final results2thumbs

Hey all Thanks for supporting Darci so much the nice words make her work more in the shop and i like that . she asked me to post some pic's for her today as long as i didn't say anything weird "quote" . these are of her glueing the handles on her teachers knife .she should finish sanding it down tonight I'll buff it out for her. Again Thanks for being so nice .
DSC01333.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

finished teachers knife

OK I"M done with this one ,this is for my teacher. The handle is box elder,and ok it doesn't look old, by the name i thought it would look old but I like it Hope you do to. The wood came from a friend of my Pops, Larry.

DSC01383.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

Congratulations Darci!

That's a fine lookin' blade for sure. Well done. cool 1

I'm looking forward to what's going to come next :eek:

BC

That looks awesome, Darci! My girls play select softball, also. It'd be too cool for them to appreciate what you do! I am teaching the about knives and the safety of them. I'll show them what you are doing tonight. Keep up the great work!

Back