anyone have a parts list for building a propane forge burner

A.W.Stovall

The forge is going to be made from an old air tank about 30"long and 12" I want to use 2 burners it is not going to be a forced burner, I know there are several sites to get the plans and list but actually most have so much info they are confusing to someone new to forging
Thanks Anthony

This is the burner I have used on my forges in the past, makes a great burner for all the damascus I have made over the years.

Monster_Burner.jpg

Thanks Bob that is exactly what I wanted . Did you get that folder built yet? I'm gonna have to make it over there again before hunting season gets into full swing.

Got sidetracked building a surface grinder. It appears I cannot grind flat and parallel and stay within a couple thousandths of an inch.

If I remember correctly the jet size is a #52 drill.

It would be nice to have a surface grinder I saw one convertered to yse 2x72 belts at Johnny Stouts shop , You will have to send me pics of yours I would love to have one just dont have the room maybe I will just have to rent yours lol.
Anthony

Just finished building a new one for me and tried a new way to run the burner. It makes the gas easy to adjust. Ill get a pic later and post it.\

If you look at the pics you can see how it works, 1.5 square tubing with a hole for the 1/8" black pipe. Lets it slide in or out to adjust on the fly and the air is adjustable on the damper.

IMG_20101011_154056.jpg

IMG_20101011_154049.jpg

IMG_20101011_154119.jpg

IMG_20101011_154129.jpg

Last edited:
Back