Favorite EDC Knife

J

jag-engr

What gives guys (and gals)? Is this a forum for discussing knives or the new forum? Let's start a knife-related thread.

What is you favorite EDC knife and why?
- It doesn't have to be the one you have with you now.
- It doesn't have to be your most valuable or your most utilitarian.
- It's just the knife you keep going back to.

Mine is the custom-modded Spyderco UKPK at the left:

LFPEDC.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture. Apparently photobucket has seen fit to erase some of my pictures...

Depends on which day you ask me. Today its my BlackHawk Garra S30V folder which I have not had out playing with in a while. Tomorrow?? Never know. :D

Usually my Ken Coats slip joint is in my other pocket though while the one hand opening ones kind of rotate. I guess the most consistent one I have on me every single day is my Swiss Tool but ironically I rarely pull that out at all for the blades. In fact they've been used very little and are still basically unsharpened pristine edges. Go figure.

STR

This has been my EDC since I picked it up from Tom at Blade. I love everything about it. Fit and finish is second to none. The edge is very sharp and it carries unnoticable in my pocket.
-John
005.jpg

006-1.jpg

Mine is most likely my Strider PT CC with the green G10. I keep going back to it and I look for it when I have other knives to go to. Also, so far it's the only blade I have that will go through the metal dectector at the courthouse across the street.

-Tye

My EDC for the last 6 months has been The Lone Wolf Diablo DA. Cant say enough about this knife. My other is a Chris Reeves Small Sebenza with Micarta Inlays.
P1010004-vi.jpg

Last edited:
My XM-18 Gen 2. Why?
-Tough
-Awesome quality
-Harder to come by
-Great ergos
-Backed by a reputable maker
-Love the grind

1228372488.jpg

1228372423.jpg

1228372456.jpg

1228372331.jpg

Last edited:
My Favorite so far is the Para Military PE Black Blade. Also EDC the Lil Temp Trailing Point

Marcus

Been carrying the Schrade stockman since the mid '60's along with the Buck 110 on ocassion for the past 5 years.

DSCN9471.jpg

My blue twill Begg GG & my Yuna EQ-2's are tied for my favorite knife. The Begg melts into my hand, flips like a dream and is light. I also happen to LOVE blue twill G-10 & Todd made this one for ME.

The EQ-2's are perfect little frame locks, that I LOVE. They are ZDP-189 & San Mai. They are THE sharpest knives I own. (All 3 Yuna's.) They are also a great size, are barely noticeable in the pocket, and I just love them. I have the silver twill one in my pocket as I type this.

YunablueG-10EQ-2openedup.jpg

YunaEQ-2silvertwillG-10open.jpg

BeggGentsGlimpseopenJPG.jpg

I have been carrying my Emerson Commander that was gifted to me a couple months ago more than any other knife. I also have a couple other Emersons (CQC-7A, and Barrett M-50) and several Spydercos and Mantis knives. My favorite EDC ever was a serial numbered Strider SMF Tanto that i unfortunately traded away some time ago. I am starting though to shop around for a good pocket fixed blade.

I'm with the OP most of the time. I carried a Caly 3 for a couple of years until I tried out a UKPK at Blade. I really got to liking the ease of use that a slippie gives and I'm marginally fonder of S30V than VG10 for a 3" pocket folder, so the UKPK has slipped into the Caly 3's place lately.

The other one I carry most often is a mini-RSK. The Ritters have my all-time fav blade profile for general EDC use, so I keep one around for tradin' off with the UKPK.

For woods walking or serious hiking / camping I've got a 4-1/2" FB that was made by the twins at Twin Blades in Statesboro, GA. They call it their Green River pattern. Very useful S30V blade, perfect length and shape, and nice stag scales.

Andrew Demko made me this Navajah. I wanted something halfway between the M and L Espada size-wise. I use and abuse it every day and it still locks up tighter than a frog's cloaka. I use the wave draw 90% of the time and it answers with a solid clack. Only other knife I own that locks as tight is my CS Spartan.

l_03169bce4e4f4c5cafdbd72ba5f5d017.jpg

l_79f2aab445174c69b2ce7c5f99837cb9.jpg

l_b159decc12264b8592b323556cbb28cb.jpg

l_fb1767db029d43b79195b1be619eaaed.jpg

Back