Hello, and here is a pix of my latest

Milt

Hello Forum Members-
I have been making knives for 9 months. They are getting better, and it is getting easier. But, this endeavor does have a steep learning curve. The fellows on Blade Forum have been very helpful. I am sure this group will be also. I have found that knifemakers are very willing to share their knowledge.
This blade is about 8.5" long, has a 4" blade, and was made from 3/16" 1095. The guard, pins, and tube are NS, and the handle is Imistag. I did all aspects including HT and the sheath. I sold it for $125, so that was rather encouraging. Comments welcomed.

Thanks for looking,

Milt

Attachments

• BB2318.jpg
    BB2318.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 116
Knice niph! :D The imistag looks better than what I imagined it would look! How's it work? does it work like real stag?

Jason

Hello All-
Thanks for your encouragement.

Jason-
Imistag seems to work fine. I have never used real stag, so can't comment on that. As with with any guarded knife, one must be careful to keep the scales flat on the tang, and square to the gurard. Also, buffing tends to leave compound in the pores of the bone. This can look nice or bad, depending on your tastes. I think it tends to lend a bit of an "old" look to it.

Milt

Milt, that's a great looking knife. Promising blades are sure to follow! Keep it up.

Back