New prototype

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
This is the prototype of my first liner lock, I realy enjoyed building this knife, linerlocks are not nearly as stressful to build as slipjoints, I'll definately be building some more, since I already have an order for one of these. This is a stretched version of my Butter Bean modle, the blade steel is 13-c-26@ 60.25 Rc, the liners are .050 titanium, the spacer is titanium, all screws are 2-56 (the next one will have 0-80 screws) except the one securing the thumb stud. Bead blasted G-10 make up the handle scales and I made the thumb stud from 416 stainless. It is 3 5/8" closed the blade is 2 5/8" long and .087 thick. I jewelled the inside of the liners and put a 400 grit hand rubbed finish on the blade. Ya'll enjoy.

Calvin,
That turned out good. It should be a robust little user with Ti & G10, I've not owned a knife with 13C26 blade but heard good things.
Suprisingly I even like the colour, although a black G10 GT stripe wouldn't look out of place.
Well done mate.
mitch

13C from Sandvic is excellent steel. nice start. Add some damascus and ivory for a killer midsize.

Back