My crew...

dalefuller

WaitingforChristmas_2008-4.jpg

This is Molly, Murphy, and Riley waiting for Christmas last year. They are my passion, knives are my hobby.

KidsatHeritagePoint_2.jpg

Here they are earlier this month at Heritage Point during a hike at Pipestem, WV.

CarolynRileyatHeritagepoint.jpg

This is Riley and my wife,Carolyn, at Heritage Point, Pipestem, WV.

Just for knife interest, I carried a small regular Sebbie and a custom Green River 4.5" fixed blade by Twin Blades in Statesboro, GA on this trip.

nice.
I need to get one of those backpacks and put 30lbs in it for my black lab. he is 1.5 years old and insanely hyper...

Nice!!!
Is that a parachute on Murphy:eek::D

Nice pics!! I can't believe your already decorated for CHRISTmas:D:p

The backpacks are really great. I know some people that got one just to give their dog a job to do when they're walking. That often does help settle them down some. The one Murphy's wearing is the Approach 2 pack from Ruff-Wear. We've tried their packs and harnesses and everything they do has held up well and performed as advertised for us. Molly is wearing their Web Master harness. The nice thing about these is that they are very secure with two straps and snaps and they have a handle for helping your dog up and down over broken terrain. They're designed to be useful in SAR work, so they do a great job for serious outdoor hikes.

Murphy's got a lot of talents, but skydiving ain't one of them. Since we hike year-round and we usually take all 3 of them, we like for them to hump their own kit. We make up MREs for them, carry a hiking FAK, and also have them tote other stuff that they might need. We carry the water, our snacks, and the other stuff that we'll need. Murphy usually starts out with the pack, but if we're going to be out all day, I'll switch it to Molly after a couple of hours, then back to Murph. That way, nobody gets really exhausted from carrying it.

Wow these are really beautiful and their shiny skin is showing that they are very healthy.

You guys are enjoying on a cliff. Now we would love to see more active photos of your children.

Hi Miss_Lora... Yeah, we've been on a few of them in our time, a couple of them where you had to tiptoe in and back out :D.

The kids are testers for products that we're thinking about putting on our web site, so we take pix every time we get them out somewhere using something new.

They are well mannered. Murphy and I took a Wilderness Survival course last weekend at Amicalola Falls State Park here in GA and he just wore his red harness and followed along with the group like it was something he did every day. He was even well mannered when they brought out the Great Horned Owl to visit the kids and show off a bit. Riley goes to work frequently with my wife. She's the director of the county library system here and he visits from one office to the next all day and checks up on everybody. Molly is very high energy so she does mostly stuff where it's just family, but she tests new things, too. I got pix of her in the blue pack at a local park near our house.

Murphy and I are planning a 2-day backpacking trip along the Conasauga River trail sometime in the next 12-18 months, so I'll have pix of him hiking and fording the river (the trail crosses the river about 38 times I'm told) from that adventure.

Great to be here with everyone. I recognized a lot of the names when I came over for a visit and I'm always up for talking knives, so just seemed natural to sign up.

Looks like the 3 musketeers there Dale. I'm sure there arent too many rabbits or squirrels left in your yard huh? Glad to see you guys out and about with family....

Take care Larry

Back