Howdy to everyone....

silver_pilate

Never did officially introduce myself to everyone, even though I know a good number of people on here form other forums.

My name is Nathan Burgess. I'm a hobby maker with a very low production speed. Unfortunately, I just don't get the shop time I'd like. So instead of pumping out large numbers of knives, I try and take my time to do the best I can with each knife and build it with the proper motivation and inspiration rather than just because I have to get it done. I make fixed blades by stock removal. Most of my knives are of daily carry dimensions, and I work with several steels, one of my favorites being CPM154. I also work with various woods and phenolics, my favorite being Arizona Desert Ironwood. I am just now setting up to be able to forge, and I hope to begin learning that practice soon.

By day, I am a Physical Therapist. For the last 5 years I have worked in the field of adult neurology in an out-patient rehab in Lubbock, TX. I recently switched jobs and accepted an appointment as a full time faculty member at Texas Tech University HSC's Doctor of PT program. It's been great so far, though I'm not looking forward to going back to school for my PhD (piled higher and deeper...I know :D), and I know it will eat up even more time from the shop.

Anyway, good to see all you folks, and I look forward to the continued growth of this site.

--nathan

Hey don't I know you? :confused:

Welcome Nathan, glad you did introduce your self now we don't have to be strangers? - :rolleyes::D

Todd

Haha....yeah, Todd. I've actually got a really nice piece of spalted maple in my pocket right now that was made by a fellow with the same name as you. Wierd, huh?!? ;)

Nick, huh1.....uh.....I don't know what kind of fetishes you have :eek:, but, ummm, to each his own? unsure :eek:

LOL, glad to see you finally took that anvil down from the wall. I was getting worried about your toes if the silicone you used to hold it up there finally gave way :D.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

--nathan

Nathan, that is a great intro. Good to see you here with us. I like your work very much.

Back