Road Grinder!

Fred Rowe

DSC00747.JPG

We will be taking this mobile grinder, on the road :) this fall, attending hammerins in the tri-state area; putting on grinding demonstrations with the Bubble Jig.

We'll be at the ABS hammerin, @ Troy Ohio, the end of August.

I'll put a list of shows up that we'll be attending as they come up.

The grinder base is a mobile machine bass by Makita. The frame work that the aluminum sheet is attached to, is 3/4 inch top and bottom with 2x6 at the perimeter.
The grinder is KMG driven by a, hinge mounted 2hp single phase motor. 1725 rpm.
The drive wheel on the grinder is 6" which gives the machine a top end of 5400 sfm, or there about.
In its folded position, 24" one man can move it; when it comes to getting it up on its legs you want two men.:eek:

The large work rest at the front of the grinder moves both horizontally and vertically, or it can be removed entirely.
The large tool rest adds considerable stability to your grinding.

Fred

Keep in mind:
Adding a piece of after market hardware, such as the jumbo tool rest, to an already inherently dangerous machine only increases that danger.

DSC00753.JPG

DSC00761.JPG
DSC00737.JPG

Good lookin' Fred. Nice lookin' motor! Don't forget to mention that you will be at Quad State, Troy, Ohio in September. AND you have been invited to drive to my place the first weekend after Labor day, then ride on down to Tannehill with me. I'm even furnishing you a place to sleep. Rex and a bunch of other Dogs will be there. If it doesn't sell first I will have a completed "Moe's Grinder" for sale at both conferences.

Turned out nice Fred! Can you grill burgers on it also? Might have to be the next upgrade:) -Burton

Just busting your balls Fred. It does look like a very handy setup for sure. Would also be handy for smaller shops that were strapped for space. Rob Frink has his KMG mounted on a table with casters so it is mobile around his shop.

Mighty fine looking setup you have there Fred. Just make sure IG doesn't hook it to the back of his Harley and head for New Bedford.

Mighty fine looking setup you have there Fred. Just make sure IG doesn't hook it to the back of his Harley and head for New Bedford.
I heard that.:les: LF (Leatherface) in your travels stop by and leave the grinder. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Done good Bubba.

Back