Knifemakers : let's see your EDC knife !!!

Darklight

Tons of knifemakers around here and I'm still very intersted in what they EDC.
No needs to say pictures are welcome ;)
Thanks !

I EDC several. For when I'm working at the university, which is full of sheeple, I usually carry one of these two in a thin leather pocket pouch:

Alsdorf doctor's patter slipjoint in jigged bone
AlsdorfDoctorsJigBone.jpg

Davison slipjoint in spalted maple
TADavidsonSpaltedMaple.jpg

I've another one of the Alsdorf doctor's patterns being made in mammoth ivory that I will add to the rotation. I'm carrying the Davison knife as we speek.

For sheath carry when I'm not at work:

One of my own...desert ironwood, 1095 with hamon, and my own sheath
IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7750.jpg

I like to support custom makers as much as I can. I also have an assortment of Benchmade and Spyderco clipped folders that I rotate in and out of use.

--nathan

Nathan, I'm jealous of that 1095 and Ironwood piece you made. I know it's a simple design, but you have made it look amazing.

Murph

Thanks, Murph. I appreciate that. I should point out that the basic design is actually Paul Smith's. He sent me the 1095 blank in thanks for helping him heat treat some knives a while back. I modified the design to my taste, ground the bevels, and finished it out with heat treat and handle. It's an extremely handy size.

Andy Rusty, I really like that slippie! One of these days.....

--nathan

No longer surrounded by sheeple, I carry my Ridgeback all of the time and do not hesitate to enter any establishment with it on my belt.

Although I do support many knifemakers on a consistent basis, it's my knife that I beat the tar out of daily.

BC

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

Been caring this one that I designed many years ago Untill I lost my leg and now carry a flipper by Gaven and Grant Hawks.

BF1a.jpg

My EDC

I currently carry a Todd Rexford Epicenter with coyote G10 overlays. I simply cannot state this too much..... It rocks! First knife on left. For pocket carry I love the simply and gorgeous Les Voorhies friction folder. Fourth knife from left. Nice and light and fits into my pocket very well. The next pic is my fixed blade 3V wasp. This thing cuts like a laser! Dan
hau2.jpg

Mine.jpg

Enjoy the pics

Here's a knife I made that I didn't think was good enough to let go. It had a few flaws that I couldn't fix so I kept it and have been using it for a lot things as you can tell from the scratches.
-John

Attachments

• edc 002.jpg
    edc 002.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 22
The first one is always in my pocket. The sheath knife is one i made out of 1095 and is never far away. They both see a lot of use every day.

326777033.jpg

372051317.jpg

not a day goes by I don't have this on my belt around 6.5" oal. It's pretty beat up now, I do all the stuff with it I tell my customers not to do.......
myknife.jpg

This is my EDC when I'm in the woods. My EDC when in the city is a .44 mag. 9" blade of 01, with distal taper and tapered tang. Bone grips.
pennyknife489_640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Back