Summer Time, Where is it Nice ?

Aspen. More people go there in the summer than in the ski season. I used to live there and I can't think of a better place to be this time of the year.

Its not too bad in NW Wisconsin........ some of the time:D

We have been having high 80s but the humidity is stuck around 80-90%
It sucks:eek:

I only get to work in my shop for a couple hours at a time.

But come fall, I cant think of a better place!!2thumbs

COLORADO!

We live at 8,500 ft elevation here in the Rockies and yesterday morning it was 48 degrees, light mist, and fog covering the mountain - it looked like a scene from Jurassic Park.

Here in Coal Creek Canyon, we're normally 25 to 30 degrees cooler than Denver out on the plains and humidity is almost always below 25%. I feel for you folks in the heartland or in the south with the "heat index". We worry about the "wind chill factor" in the winter but never the other way around.

Okay, after thinking about it for a minute or three - it really sucks here. I wouldn't advise anyone moving here - ever. We never have sunshine, it snows 363 days out of the year. Traffic is horrible - the schools are worse - and people are just downright hateful - except for the six of us native Coloradoans that are left - we're pretty friendly.
:rolleyes:
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

another day in paradise here (in the summer) it will be mid 70's to low 80's and partly cloudy..a nice little breeze to keep it fresh...it gets daylight around 5:45am and stays light until 9:45pm in the summer here at equinox

now the winters are a little harder to stomach...

It's nice here in the house, with the AC on, reading a good book. With the humidity like it is here I'm thinking about bottling it and selling it to you folks. I would have started this buisness years ago but I never dreamed that people would pay for bottled water.

another day in paradise here (in the summer) it will be mid 70's to low 80's and partly cloudy..a nice little breeze to keep it fresh...it gets daylight around 5:45am and stays light until 9:45pm in the summer here at equinox

now the winters are a little harder to stomach...
oh come on boss Our winters up here aint that bad!!
Like I always say.................
Its easier to warm up than get cool!!
Chicagoland is 95* with 95% humidity and our politicians are all crooks.
This made me spit pepsi on my computer:mad::rolleyes::D

Gotcha

Chicagoland is 95* with 95% humidity and our politicians are all crooks.

Are you sure you aren't in Louisiana?

Pacific Coast

Where Mark? last time I was there I couldn't afford to spend the night is was so expensive, had to sleep on a picnic table. Yep, that was me a long time ago.

Lovely around here tuesday, Balmy 103 with 9000% humdidity:D

I know, I was there. Saw the CNN sign with 100F and started walking slower.

How big and bad are the bugs in MN? Be honest guys.

Are you sure you aren't in Louisiana?

Where Mark? last time I was there I couldn't afford to spend the night is was so expensive, had to sleep on a picnic table. Yep, that was me a long time ago.

I know, I was there. Saw the CNN sign with 100F and started walking slower.

How big and bad are the bugs in MN? Be honest guys.

In MN they aint to bad but when you cross the border into WI look out:eek:

I live about an hour and a half north of the Twin Cities, but in WI.
The bugs are not bad, We have skeeters, ticks, normal spiders that dont kil people, snakes that dont kill people, Bears that might just take a bite out of ya, Lots and Lots of deer, Some horse flys, and a few deer flys.

Not really all that bad, if you are outside in the evening a little bug spray keeps everything away Except for the bears:eek::D

In a couple of weeks I'll be salmon fishing on the Kenai river in Alaska. This time of year the highs are in the 70s and lows in the 50s with about 19 hours of daylight. That sure sounds better than the record high temps we have been having here between 95-100.

I didn't know you were going up there this year Mike. I'd love to make that trip sometime.

I know the weather should be nice. When Wes was down a couple weeks ago it was mid 90's and 85-90% humidity and he was saying at home it was 70 and low humidity.

It hasn't been that bad for a summer here in MS. Pretty typical mid to upper 90's with 80 to 90 percent humidity. Of course, August is yet to come, so it may still get brutal.

Some folks at my work were laughing at the East Coast "heatwave" and the big to-do that's been made over it....until I reminded them that WE are the ones who shut down whole cities over an inch of snow! :p

It was an extremely balmy 96 here yesterday with a heat index of 105+. I was on the training lane from 0600 til around 1400. I'll be honest, had I had to stay out there for another hour or so........it would have been curtains for me. We had half a dozen or so trainees fall out as heat casualties.

We lived in the Monterey Bay Area, Santa Cruz, could never ever afford to go back. About 2 mi. from the beach foggy in the summer till around noon then sunny. Rarely hit 90 and winter low of 40

A lot of variation depending on how close or far from the beach and where you might be in Cal. Or. or Wash. but for the most part the ocean keeps the temps. moderate.

Back