handel texture??

graveyard

i am looking to get a texture on handle i have seen were some swords us ( samegawa ) and wrap the wrap i like but what is samegawa what could be used other than that any direction to a how to ore any info, helpful graveyard

Samegawa, or "Same" is stingray skin. I've thought of using textured tape similar to what several tactical folder companies are using (basically skateboard tape) and then wrapping ito over it. I'm kind of curious how it would work out. Hmmmmmmmmm, I guess I'll have to try it and see.

I bought some grip tape from Home Depot and used that on the only knife I wrapped tsukamaki style. It's not a bad look and is definitely grippy, but it ain't same. YMMV.

grip tape is that the stuff on tenis rackets im not up on grip tape end some thing for hunting knife wet hands gunk excetra

Grip tape is the stuff that is commonly used for slip resistance on stairs. It's tape that looks like 60-80 grit sandpaper on one side and super sticky tape on the other. It also is used on skateboards and often used for tactical applications on pistol grips.

The stuff I have is some 3m Outdoor Tread tape. This is the first link I found to it on Google.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/3M-7635NA-Safety-Walk-Outdoor-180-Inch/dp/B0006HVKM4"]Amazon.com: 3M 7635NA Safety-Walk Black Outdoor Tread 2-by-180-Inch Roll: Home…[/ame]

I haven't bought same in several years, but I've been told (rumor) that it is getting more expensive and harder to find. I did see a few suppliers with it on thier tables at BLADE, but all that I seen was tanned, not natural. I was taught to use it natural and soak it in water to soften it and then wrap it around the tsuka and bind it so that it dries to the shape of the tsuka.

if i could find raw skin do you have any idea how to treat it ore take it grom rayskin to something like cowhide

Back