New Forge for..........

stabber

Knife Dealer Extraordinaire
Ghetto Forge!!! :bud: After having no forge for a couple of months- Which is probably a good thing as I had Tennis elbo REALLY BAD! It's still a mess. Yesterday My friend Jan and I drove 300+ miles from the butt end of LI= The Hamptons then on over to Aldo's shop. Long fun day. Way to much traffic!!Next thing is to pick up his #25 power hammer!!! Anyone wanna help??2thumbs

Picture18806.jpg

Picture18805.jpg

This guy is Happy!!!
Picture18807.jpg

Uh Oh--now all we are gonna hear is bing,bing, bing from Brooklyn! It looks great! I figure the 25 pounder will be for your you line of mini's?

Nice Forge. I don't think you can have a #25 hammer in the Bronx. If you want you can store it in my shop. I'd gladly do that for ya.

From Da Bronx to CT, you'll hear the Poundin KDCknives:D

Unless you moved in next door Andy I don't see that workin out all that good for me:p

Sorry to hear about your elbow Stabber, that can sure slow down the smithing. Looks like you got a pretty good forge there. Sounds like you are gonna need that power hammer.

Larry

That is a Johnson forge. I used to have one just like it and sold it to Andrew Garrett.

If you make a THICK cover for the top you can anneal in it by heating it up and covering the top and closing the door. It took mine a long time to cool down and annealed quite nicely.

They are VARY pricey new. Good score.

thanks President Bubba, LP;)

Thanks for that helpful tip Bob! I figure a full fire brick would do it? 2thumbs

Stuff the hole with kaowool or inswool then cover the top or you will make the top metal swell and get wavy.

I tried to find the old paperwork I had on mine and can't but that forge was around $5,000 or $6,000 when new.

I tried forging today. I can't do it with my Elbow like this. I have not Forged a blade in 12 weeks. Figured that was enough rest but I guess not :(

Back