PLEASE GUY'S

ONeill

Read the story on the post below , damaged 110 fixed it for me .

Last edited:
wow that is a good one. never had to come up for a solution for something like that. could you use some real fine paper and then rebuff.

you really need to cut and paste that over here. that's too good for just those guys to have it...

Hi guys , any one know what mouse pee would do to steel ? Here is the story.

I had 3 knives from my own collection down in the shop . They had been rebuffed and washed . Oh , they are ATS-34 . They have been sitting down there for 3-4 days . Today I decided it was time to bring them in and hand finish the polish . I wrapped each knife in a paper shop towel ( the blue ones from costco ) walked from the shop to the house and unwrapped them .

Then WTF The paper towel was stuck on one of the knives , when I peeled it off , the blade was a brown color , it looked burnt and rusted at the same time . Ran it back down stairs and washed it with acetone , would not even touch whatever was on it .

I buffed off the top coat of crap with black compound but the pattern of the paper towel is etched into the steel .

The only thing I can think of what might happened is a mouse peed on the blade , it was the side of the blade that was facing up . Is this possible ??

This is a real bummer for me as I was going to sell these from my collection to help pay some of the medical bills coming in from the eye

done:D added for oneil

Highlight, right click, copy. Come back here, right click, paste.

Hi guys , any one know what mouse pee would do to steel ? Here is the story.

I had 3 knives from my own collection down in the shop . They had been rebuffed and washed . Oh , they are ATS-34 . They have been sitting down there for 3-4 days . Today I decided it was time to bring them in and hand finish the polish . I wrapped each knife in a paper shop towel ( the blue ones from costco ) walked from the shop to the house and unwrapped them .

Then WTF The paper towel was stuck on one of the knives , when I peeled it off , the blade was a brown color , it looked burnt and rusted at the same time . Ran it back down stairs and washed it with acetone , would not even touch whatever was on it .

I buffed off the top coat of crap with black compound but the pattern of the paper towel is etched into the steel .

The only thing I can think of what might happened is a mouse peed on the blade , it was the side of the blade that was facing up . Is this possible ??

This is a real bummer for me as I was going to sell these from my collection to help pay some of the medical bills coming in from the eye surgery .

Maybe you should sell it as etching solution!

Thank You Damaged 110 , I appreciate your help .

Mikey , I'll try and remember that but the memory started going before the eye . The golden age comes to some sooner than others , what fun .

The only thing I could think of if is to use windex on them. It should nutralize it. Then you should be able buff it.

Maybe you should sell it as etching solution!

LOL now thats a good one .
s7435.gif

Dang... huh1

I know cat piss sure does a number on steel. One of the local tom cats decided to get up on my bench and spray some stuff awhile back... it RUINED a couple of knife blades. I don't know if there's anything that will cause that kind of corrosion! :bulldog1:

Well, maybe mouse pee! :p ;)

I have been experimenting with dog piss to spalt wood. The only problem is my dog won't pee on the right piece of wood. He seems to think he has to pee on all the trees instead. This experiment might take a while.

see... I KNEW this one couldn't stay over yonder...keep it "PeeG" at least..

I have been experimenting with dog piss to spalt wood. The only problem is my dog won't pee on the right piece of wood. He seems to think he has to pee on all the trees instead. This experiment might take a while.

Mark , place the block of wood against a fake fire hydrant and see if that helps :D

Back