Better than a box of chocolates.....

Meridian Blades

Moderator - Knife Maker
I wanted to share with you a pic of some stuff I cut today. Had this stuff drying for a long time. Pics were taken after the piece was pulled right off the saw. No sanding, just "au natural" Love cutting burl............. cuz you never know whats inside. :D

This is box elder burl........Can't wait to send this and some of the pure white flame down to Mike for some double dye action......2thumbs

BE015x.jpg

BE014x.jpg

That is a beautifull piece of wood ya got there. That is going to make some amazing look handle material.

I'd rather look at pics like that, than pics of pretty women. Either I'm finally growing up, or just plain weird... :eek:

Hey now, For those of you who know me, you already understand that im a BURL ADDICT, I love the stuff! Its one of if not the most beautiful things EVER! And each one is a adventure! Ya never know what lies inside, let alone how to cut it to get the best of the figure thats there! Most times I spend hours trying to decide what side to cut or at what angle to take my blocks from.. etc.. etc..
And for those that are just getting to know me, well you may very well think I need a "Intervention" And you may be right! One thing for sure.. Thats a awesome slab of box elder!

Did you hear mike changed his shipping address? Shaughnessy PM me and I will give it to ya! :)

BURL!!!!!

I lov it so much I have more pics of Burl stored in my computer then I do of all my kids combined! :eek:
Here are a few pics! Enjoy

Attachments

• HHH Knives 163.jpg
    HHH Knives 163.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 17
  • hhh283.jpg
    hhh283.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 18
  • HHH Knives Scales and knife 095.jpg
    HHH Knives Scales and knife 095.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 17
  • green and blue burl!! 008.jpg
    green and blue burl!! 008.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 17
  • Shop! HHH 110.jpg
    Shop! HHH 110.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 17
I think i am addicted now too :D That stuff is beautiful! I need to get one of those giant burls, or some slabs LOL

James I think you just bought some of this box elder. Maybe you were the only person that noticed it in the last sale post. 2thumbs

You sir are right. I am greedy and I am still looking at it. If anyone gets a chance to purchase some from Larry you won't be sorry. That is why I am saving now. Got to get more. trying to get enough for my first knife show next year. Got to have the best and it is from Larry.

Back