Belt Sander sharpening vid I made

T

TwinBlade

I have put this up on a few sites already. It is now the only way I sharpen anything that has an edge. Some of you may have seen it. For those that have not, enjoy.2thumbs

[youtube]eREokC4MPM0[/youtube]​

Good video and need to know where did you get the belts with the higher grits for the 1x30 grinder?. Rey

Great vid! Are you grinding against the platen or the slack belt? Also, I see you grind edge down--any particular reason (other than with the leather belt)? Thanks!

Michael

That's a very helpful video, especially for a newbie like me. You had me laughing because I was cringing when you dulled the blade. shkn

Great vid! Are you grinding against the platen or the slack belt? Also, I see you grind edge down--any particular reason (other than with the leather belt)? Thanks!

Michael

I removed the platen so I could have more give in the belt. Those 1X30's are nice, but the distance from the pulley to the platen is pretty small. Grinding edge down just suits me better. I know a lot of folks that grind edge up to see the burr, but I put a burr on to my liking after my first knife or 2 that I tried.

It is personal taste. Like said about the leather, I do not suggest edge up on them. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,
I have a sander like that, now if only I had a small amount of your SKILL. Very well done video. Thank you for posting it

Back