Rules on KnifeDogs enhanced a bit

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
This morning I was informed about a questionable giveaway on another forum. This giveaway turned really ugly and there are multiple issues with it. If you have seen it, you know what I mean. If you haven't, don't worry about it. The individual in question has been removed from our system.

Do NOT post a link or make any reference to anyone involved please. We don't do that here.

Given the issue there, I do want to take some pro-active steps now to keep us out of that nonsense and keep any giveaways above reproach. Reputation is everything on the internet and I am not going to allow ours to take any hits while someone tries to make a quick buck.

I will modify a couple slight rule changes so things like that don't happen here.

1. No multiple accounts will be permitted here. If someone decides to set up multiple user ID's here, all of them will be removed.

2. Any giveaway or raffle promoted anywhere here on this forum must follow the rules here in that the drawing numbers and selection pool is from a public, visible source that anyone can audit. That means if you collect a bunch of entries other than forum posts, you have to post them somewhere, number them and then use a public source such as a Pick Three raffle, Powerball, etc for the winner. Random.org numbers will not be acceptable. This is the only way a drawing can't be rigged or faked. We allow links away from this forum to be posted however if it is a link to a drawing or giveaway else, if they don't have a completely public and transparent drawing process, the reference link can not be posted here.

3. Forum owners have been given some latitude in the past. We are tightening up a bit and requiring forum owners to follow the posted give away rules on KnifeDogs

thanks
t

Its sad when a few make it hard for the rest of us. I agree; on line reputation is everything especially if you are marketing. We have used Random.org to pick the winners on our giveaways since 2009 and gave it little thought; but then I am an honest person to my core; I was raised that way. The vast majority of the people who choose to enter our giveaways, don't know me personally and so don't know if I am honest or not, I will gladly change my format for picking winners so no one thinks they don't have an equal chance to win.

Regards, Fred

Same with me.
I use random.org to select the winning post number for the photo contest.
Do you have any suggestions.....
or do I cancel the drawing?

Any that are in progress can finish out. Any future giveaways, raffles etc will fall under the revised rules. If any forum owner or other paid member thinks the rules changed to something they aren't interested in, send me a PM and I will refund the balance of your annual membership. No problem. I am just not going have KD get sucked ino what the other place did.

I am proud of KnifeDogs and every conference, meeting or symposium I go to I promote KnifeDogs and tell everyone that KnifeDogs is a family friendly forum with no ya yas. This is a place where you can figure that every member is your best friend, you won't be insulted or have to listen to other's arguments.

Tracy, I am proud of you and appreciate everything you do for us.

I hope I did not come across as complaining.
That was not my intention.
I am cool with whatever the rules are.

I hope I did not come across as complaining.
That was not my intention.
I am cool with whatever the rules are.

no you didn't at all Mark. I should have included that bit in the first place. Just trying to thorough on this whole thing.

I am proud of KnifeDogs and every conference, meeting or symposium I go to I promote KnifeDogs and tell everyone that KnifeDogs is a family friendly forum with no ya yas. This is a place where you can figure that every member is your best friend, you won't be insulted or have to listen to other's arguments.

Tracy, I am proud of you and appreciate everything you do for us.

X2.

Tracy,
You are Da Man! Seriously, I have complete respect that you will do what is best so that this place is a family oriented, scam free, no trash talkin discussion board for knife enthusiasts & makers along with their children.

I have a recent acquaintance that has got the knife bug and I am passing knowledge on to stop by my shop Saturday along with his seven y/o daughter that was telling me how daddy looks at knife stuff on his phone all day!

Dad, then remarked how he went on "The other site" and most of it was trash talking and some X rate material.

I was proud to tell him again to go to KNIFEDOGS! That he can have his little angel on his knee and know that that kind of stuff isn't welcome here.

That includes when I have forgotten and said posted something that i should have had better discretion about.:biggrin:

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Wayne was at Batson's promoting Knife Dogs for sure. Take a look.
I echo Wayne's appreciation of Knife Dogs.
BatsonDSC_0131.jpg

Back