Hi, my names Rob and I'm a wanna be

Railrider1920

Hi folks,
I'm a newbie here and to the world of knife making. I have been hanging out at another forum. I have forged out one knife, but haven't finished it yet.

I recently met Bill T through Aldo. He talked me into joining up here. I've been meaning to to check out some of the pics and attachments, wips etc anyway.

I live in NW Fla. Anyone here from that general area?

Looking forward to hanging out.
Rob

Rob,

Since you have started your first knife, you are no longer a wanna be. You are a knife maker. A newbie yes, but no longer a wanna be. In perspective, there were lots of Soldiers who "wanted" to jump out of airplanes. Those who did (even if only once) are not considered a wanna be. Congrats on the jump. Notice the plethora of information here so you should have good starting information to avoid some mistakes. I hope your knife is an encouragement and that you finish it in less than a year (that's how long my first one took). Learn a ton, then do it again ASAP!!

God Bless

welcome from wis show some pics of that forged blade im sure i speak for all here if we see it we can help you out better knife maker!!!

Welcome to the pack. Please feel free to share pics along the way and ask questions as you need to. We have a plethora of talent and knowledge here to help you along your path.

Pictures, pictures, pictures. Everyone wants to see pictures, sheeesh. Just kidding around:biggrin:

Its a crappy cell phone pic, but here it is. 1084 from Aldo, about
4 1/2" edge about 9 3/4" overall. I was filing it down on a jig I made. I was told it is at a convex grind. I'm hoping to get a grinder of sorts made up and finish it with that. Then HT it and put some scales on it. Probably some local spalted oak for the scales. I have a couple pieces I just love the look of. Sorry for the huge pic.
Photo0543.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Just hoping to become a good knife maker one day.
Rob

Hey Rob , Welcome to Knife Dogs !! It was a great beginning to my BLADE show experience , talking with you on the train to Atlanta .
I'm already looking forward to next year !​

that's pretty darn good for a first a little draw fileing on the handle area and some sanding boy you ll be almost there, did you heat treat yet?

Hello everyone! I am Pinto and I'm new also; however, I haven't figured out how to post a new thread or introduce myself...ughh help?
I live and work in Southern New Mexico. Working on my new tiny shop and looking forward to starting my first knife. Really enjoying all the posts in here.
Just need to figure out how to start one.

Thanks Franklin. No I haven't gotten it HT'ed yet.
Pinto, go to the main page of the introduction area. At the top of the page is the header (site name, bulldog etc). On the left side under the word kinfe are links to home forum gallery etc. Under the home button is another for forum->knifedogs->introduction. Directly under the link forum you will see a button with the words +Post New Thread. That is the one you want to use to start your own thread. Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here.

Hey Rob it is nice to see you made it over here! He might be new but he is rubbing elbows with the right people to learn! Nice looking blade you got started there.:35:

Back