murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
It's a Fire Breathing Dragon!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Forge.jpg
    Forge.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 265
we need to HEAR it and SEE it spew FIRE......make a video...

LOL, yes Les. The ammo crates are all empty. They are free and make great shop furniture. I have 10 or 12 105 Howitzer crates stacked up in the shop as well. I'm trying to decide what to do with them. I really need to build a work bench. I guess when I get my buffer I'll have to build one so that I have a place to put it.

I'm trying to work a deal with a guy over in La., to get me some pelican cases (LRG) to put alot of my junk in.

That looks great how many lbs presser are you running, is that one of the Modified Side Arm Burner's made by Larry Zoeller.

If you go to home depot and buy a door you can put it on top of two or three stacks of boxes it makes a great work bench or desk. Get some 2x4’s and put one on both sides of the crates that will help keep them together. You can use deck screws to attach them.

Last edited:
When I went to the shop last night it had just finished raining and the temperature had droped down in the low 70s. Once I fired up the forge for its test run, it only took about ten minutes before I was soaking wet with sweat. That thing gets hot quick and really bellows it out.

The gentleman who built the forge for me (Ken Nicholson) used the same burner as is used in the Chile Forge and it has a ceramic floor with Kao Wool and refractory insulation. I'm still working out the pressure issue. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Last edited:
Back