KnifeDogs.com charity fund makes investment/donation

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I have taken $250 of the KD charity fund and invested it for micro loans to high poverty working poor in Cambodia, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Viet Nam.

The concept is fairly simple. A micro loan in many 3rd world countries can make the difference in feeding a family or eventually escaping utter poverty. A micro loan can be as little as $20 to a few hundred dollars.

I was reviewing some information on PayPal and followed a link from there. I thought it would be a good use for some of the funds. The web site coordinating the micro loans is called www.Microplace.com

Here you can pick out where your investment will be targeted. All are worthy and some, depending on your perspective might be more worthy than others. I browsed and settled on OIKO Credit for this micro investment. According to the data returned from Microplace.com, our meager $250 will help 38 people. I'm sure that is fuzzy math but it gives you an idea of how small these loans are.

I'd encourage you to browse www.Microplace.com and see if you are personally interested in making an investment or gift donation.

Tommorrows Headline:

KnifeDogs.com aids in Global Economic Relief!!!

We make a difference and we are proud of it!!

Good job.

Any difference in anothers life regardless of how large or small, is a difference. This could be the deciding factor in rather or not an unfortunate family has a roof over thier head or food on thier table. At $250, I feel it is an extremely worthwhile investment.

My wife is from the Philippines. I was fortunate enough to go over there for three weeks in 2005. The poverty there is devastating. The armed security guard at my hotel worked six twelve hour days a week for sixty dollars a month and was glad to have the job! People still die from minor infections over there. There are communities built on trash dumps where the inhabitants spend their days looking for something to eat or something to sell to get something to eat! We have it so good here. Its amazing what a little money can do over there!

Man,I can't wait to get my next batch of blades from Jeff Mutz
(I just got 5 Ironwolf designed blades called Maverick,and they sold out even before I took delivery!).
The $ from these ones are gonna pay for the next,larger batch,and I'm gonna earmark one for a raffle to help out with this cause.
I love it here!2thumbs

Back