F.F.F.F.

Fred Rowe

Finally finished this feather fighter.

Blade is 1084/15n20
Guard and butt cap are wrought iron.
Handle is box elder died black and walnut burl.
Trim is N/S with abs black spacers.

The knife is 12.5 inches tip to tip.

The knife is sold and will be headed for Columbus, Ohio.

Thanks for looking.

Fred

DSC00667.JPG

DSC00648.JPG

DSC00674.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Fred you can send that baby just a little past Columbus to West Lafayette, Ohio.
That is a sweet knife, I love it.

Larry

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

The gentleman who ordered this knife wanted some specifics in the knife; it had to cut on the upswing as well as the down ward motion. The false edge is as sharp as its lower relative. Scary sharp is how I would refer to it. I must admit that I have lost blood building this thing.:O The buyer wanted a butt end that could be used to strike with. He also wanted the handle to be in a straight line with the blade and its tip so the knife could be used as a thrusting weapon.

I like the challenge involved in interpreting a buyers expectations. Especially as this one was done without drawings; just sent e-mails back and forth.

Fred

When i seen the 4 F's the first thing that came to mind was Freds Fine Feathered Friend! I hit the nail on the head. Beautifull steel Fred !

Bob

Fred Very nice mate!! Where's the sheath:confused:

If I was in your neighborhood I would get you to make it.:D I do have a start on it. It will have to have nylon welts because it is so sharp both sides leather would not last long[/SIZE]

Retired?! Get back to the shead & make more knives:p:D:D
mitch
If I had known how good retirement was going to be I would have started much earlier in life: say 25 :D:D

Back