Whooped like a rented mule

D

darci

HI everybody i sure miss all of you ,it's been a real long three months ,I wanted to say thanks again for helping me go to DC it was a fun trip and i learned alot about the country now that schools out i'll sit down and pick out some good pix's to share with you all .I have not been in POPS shop in months and i dont think he's been in there ether much .almost every night he's been at practice with me ,we had state playoffs this weekend in lancaster ca, as you can see i'm writing you on sunday so that means we didnt do very good .in fact we got our buts kicked out by sat. morning .the first game went right to the end 7th inning 2 outs 0-0 they got a runner one pass ball then the error from the sec. baseman (girl) game over. then sat morning we looked bad .they should never take 13 girls and make them play ball at 7am it was bad like 10-0 ,i did ok got 4 hits out of 6 at bats, struck out:eek: for the first time in 10 games .so i'm going to work in the shop some this summer try to make some knives for spending money for the year, this is my first year in high school 2thumbs,POPS said if i make one knife a month he'll sell them for me.next big softball is national finials in aug, in CO. then its over until Sept. so off to the shop to help pops clean before we start making some knives ,it will be good to see him back in his shop i know he just hates it that softball is taking up his knife time but he never says anything ,we dont get home until 10pm most nights from softball and him working from 4am and not getting home until 10pm is making him look old. i dont think we kids tell you old people how much we see .but never say thank you .so summers here and that means more softball,knifemaking,and basketball YAHOOOOO. with all luck i'll have a knife out soon .thank all of you for being there for me.
Darci.

Welcome back Darci. I had been wondering when you were going to poke your head in and give us an update. Sounds like you and your dad are going to get some much needed down time and get to jump back into the shop. We all look forward to seeing your new projects.

Hi Darci!

Glad you had fun in DC ~ looking forward to seeing some more DH knives come out of the shop.

2thumbs

BC

I feel your pops pain. My 7 year old is in coach pitch this year. Only two days a week. Off work, rush home, feed animals (kids, horses, goats, and dogs), to the games, home by 9, and in bed by 10. Kids are great. This year is good for him. I love to watch him play. I might even try to be an 2nd coach next year. Great you got as far as you did. I know you dad is proud.
James Clair.

Darci that is called character building. It would have been too easy to just cruise through it . Now you know to work harder and have a goal for next time to help you. I am now in the stage where I am watching a 16 and 15 year old grandsons . I can spend as much time as your Dad at the games and I WOULDN'T miss it for the world. Play on.

Glad you are back.My 10 year has played softball since she was big enough
to hit it off the tee.I (like your dad)would not trade the late nights
for anything.How about UCLA,2thumbsI have watched WCSB for the last
5 years.Would like to see the SEC get it done,but so far,it aint happened:(

Darci,it is kids like you who will bring this
Nation back to the Great Nation! She once was.

Thanks girl

God bless,Keith

Hi Darci,I just want to chime in and tell you that it's people like you who keep my faith alive that this world will do alright...
You're going to be a person to reckon with I think,and make things happen in your world.
Just remember:
above everything and everyone else,
there are only 2 people you need to impress;
yourself,and the Old Man Upstairs...everyone else will follow ;)
(and I'd hazard a guess He's Smilin' on you already!)
God Bless ya !

Keep at it, Darci. I agree with the others, the future is bright with young folks like you around. Just remember don't push yourself TOO hard, take time to just daydream, goof off and be a kid as well!

Back