Tacticlass!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Tacticool!!

Heres one we just finished up.. This knife is Classy and Sexy!

Its Hand Hammered Mosaic Damascus! By Randy Haas Jr. of HHH Knives
I posted pics on here a few weeks back as this blade took form..

Randy Jr. has been making damascus for only a short time. At this time we dont have power hammers or presses.. I hope to one day SOON get a press and a trip hammer. Till them.. hes doing it the HARD way!

The specs!

Damascus 1095 & 15n20
OAL 9 1/4 inches with a 4 1/2 inch blade.
Handle: Ivory Mircarta with Ebony cross inlay..

Thanks to Mr. Bruce Bump. Without the WIP and info shared here on KD we would of never even tried this pattern! God bless YA!

Attachments

• vacation 096.jpg
    vacation 096.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 158
  • vacation 102.jpg
    vacation 102.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 98
  • vacation 117.JPG
    vacation 117.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 82
  • vacation 099.jpg
    vacation 099.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 72
  • vacation 133.jpg
    vacation 133.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Very nice work gentlemen. That steel looks great! Knowing that Randy Jr. hammered this out by hand makes it look even better. I really like the blade design, I have a very similarly shaped blade I designed a few years ago and had made by Jim Crowell. Lastly, that handle looks outstanding!!! I really like how the choice of materials layered together and with the inlay compliment the steel pattern. Great job!

Very nice knife. The hard work was well worth the effort, the damascus is great. The inlay really sets it off too.

Larry

That is a very nice and thought out build. I love everything about it! The stacked spacers really compliment the Ivory Micarta.

Nice build2thumbs

Chris

Randy, HELLO FROM Georgia. That looks awesome. Man i am impressed. Going crazy buying Burl. LOL

Damascus blade

WOW!!!! I,tip my hat to Randy Jr. What a job that must have been to do all that with a "HAND" hammer. A real beautiful job.
Al May

Al, Thank you sir. I will tell Jr. you guys like it and said its OK.. I would hate for him to start to get all BIG headed.. lol

Thanks Chip!

Wait a minute, that pattern looks better than mine. How did you open it up? Accordian? Doesnt look like it. Come on fess up

BTW thanks for giving me the credit and the blessing.

Bruce, Thanks so much!! Thats a HUGE complement!!! I really respect and appreciate your work.. 2thumbs

Im so happy to have been able to make this with my son, Its one we will be talking about for a long time! :)
If I told ya how we did it, You would not even believe me!! lol But I will say it was inspired by the great WIP you posted here on KD. Then, with a little luck and some good old fashion ingenuity.. Jr pounded it out!

Again Thanks for all you contribute and share here on KD!
God bless YA!

Randy Haas, HHH Knives

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and comments.
This one is available here on K.D as well as my web page.
(shameless plug) lol

Really its very nice to hear from fellow knife makers.. I appreciate you all!

Randy Haas, HHH Knives

Back