Three more slippies :)

papi

Hey guys,
i had one of these for quite some time now, and i just finished the other two. They are all for one friend from here forum :)
Lemme know what you think :)

Let me give you some specs (not that you wouldn't see from the pictures :) )

A supposed EDC, with wootz blade, damasteel stainless bolsters, and ironwood scales. The blade is somewhere under 3". I like how the pattern from the damasteel flows into the wood :)
IMG_5004.jpg

The second one is the one i had finished earlier - wootz blade with twist damascus bolsters and mammoth ivory scales...
IMG_5001.jpg

And the third one - in my opinion one of the most beautiful knives i have ever made. If i might say so.
The blade is wootz, bolsters are Gibeon meteorite, and the scales are nicely crackled blue/green mammoth ivory.
IMG_5006.jpg

Boy, am i sorry i have to give this one up :) Oh well...:razz:

All three together
IMG_4998.jpg

quick look at the backbar and liners treatment
IMG_5009.jpg

And closed
IMG_5010.jpg

Thanks for looking, take care,
Ondrej

Ondrej,
my vocabulary is too limited to properly describe your work here.
Outstanding, Elegant & Beautiful to begin. Well Done. Dozier

Thank you guys :)
Denny, i like that one too - almost sorry i have to give it up :)
Lance, it's been a long time since i heard someone say these words, brought my very funny memories, thanks :) (my friend from London used to say bloody in front of everything :) )

Ondrej

Wow! Those are great, just wondering, what did you use for a pivot pin in the meteorite? How did you hide it?

Sean, i didn't use a pivot pin, there is a t-head pivot barrel threaded inside with the screw on the opposite side, and the bolsters are attached with two screws from the underside. I ain't much a pinning guy, the idea of beating a finished knife with a hammer scares the living sh*t outa me... :) I do it sometimes, but always with the grim reaper breathing down my neck :)

Ondrej

Sean, i didn't use a pivot pin, there is a t-head pivot barrel threaded inside with the screw on the opposite side, and the bolsters are attached with two screws from the underside. I ain't much a pinning guy, the idea of beating a finished knife with a hammer scares the living sh*t outa me... :) I do it sometimes, but always with the grim reaper breathing down my neck :)

Ondrej

I understand buddy, sometimes when im pinning one I get that feeling. Great looking knives.

Sean

Back