#4 and my first sale!

JAG

OK Dogs, this is my 4th knife and my first sale!! The knife was ordered by a friend at work. I figured I'd better try and sell one fast and get one under my belt or else I may get too attached and never sell them !:D
He wanted a Yellow handle and Yellow it is!!
It is 3/16 O1, tapered tang and black liners with Yellow G10. It has a Scotchbrite finish. I also got a pretty clean etch on my makers mark with no big issues this time.
Excuse the pics, they are taken with my phone!! I need to make a light box next!:D
Let me know what you think!! Thanks!2thumbs

Attachments

• IMG00976-20100531-2116.jpg
    IMG00976-20100531-2116.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG01007-20100531-2218.jpg
    IMG01007-20100531-2218.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG00990-20100531-2123.jpg
    IMG00990-20100531-2123.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG00972-20100531-2114.jpg
    IMG00972-20100531-2114.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 186
Very design, looks like it will serve your co-worker well...nice shots for a cell cam. tomo

Very nice design, clean lines, good handle shape, and well finished.

You're not my friend anymore! :(

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the comments! I'm glad I sold my first knife to a friend!! It was hard enough as it is!!
James, Ed Caffrey recommended that I bring the grind back into the finger groove after my first knife., needless to say, I took his advice!! Thanks!

Congrats on sale!
Makers mark looks great.2thumbs
That handle is yellow!:D
Great work man.
Looking forward to seeing some more of your stuff.:cool:

Nice work JAG I have been wondering what G10 was. congrats on the sale. Would you mind sharing how you do your makers mark. I will be making a few knives for some frinds I hunt with and think it adds a really nice touch.

Rodney

That looks really good man.
thumbs.gif

I'm in the same boat with you. I'm working on number three right now and it is a knife for St. Jude charity. No sales yet but I'm sure they will come!

I'm going to send you a pm about how you got your etching on your blade.

Thanks guys!
Rodney, I bought an old "Electroetch" machine off of Ebay and I got my stencil from Ernie Grospitch here:
http://www.erniesknives.com/knifemaker_stencil.html

I think the biggest thing that helped me to get a decent etch was not using too much etching solution. Dip the pad in the solution and dab it onto paper towels to remove the excess. The last knife I tried to etch, I had too much solution which ran down the knife and created a huge cloudy mark all over the blade, OUCH!! I was able to remove it but I had to take it back to the Scotchbrite belt on my grinder which removed most of the Black in my mark. I learned from that one!!!

great looking knife, and congrats on the sale2thumbs. I would never have guessed it's only your fourth if you hadn't mentioned it.

Back