For Those Who Gave,and Give...Thank You.

Ironwolf

The Knife Poet
Often it seems like we focus on what they sacrificed.
We tend to think mostly in terms of how they have Gone Ahead.
Those who love them also have sacrificed,
and those who are left behind continue to do so...
My thoughts and Prayers go out to all who Gave,and who Give...
Thank You.
compassion.jpg

goodbye.jpg

pain.jpg

respect.jpg

sorrow.jpg

We are here talking about this because those before us and those still here are fighting.

Thank you. Please keep each other safe. We will always be here for you.

Very touching pics.....

Thank You to those who serve, those who will serve and to those who have served!!

Thanks to all those who served before me, with me, now and in the future! To all my friends who are deployed, come home safe!!!

Personally, I would like to thank those who came before me who paved the way for those of us who serve today. I would like to thank those who have stood beside me and fallen and those who have stood beside me. I would like to thank those who have served under me and those who have led me. Most importantly to me, I would like to thank those who at the last minute pulled a mission on June 13, 2004 and were wounded conducting a mission that should have been mine. To those who follow, thank you for making the commitment to follow the age old profession of protecting the interest of our great nation. May God lay his protecting hands on each and every one of you and give you the will, strength, guidance, and determination to complete the missions and tasks that follow.

I'm very grateful to be an American. Thank you to all veterans and servicemen and women!

I'm also glad Vietnam-era vets are FINALLY getting their "welcome homes" and that current returning vets are usually shown the respect they deserve. Even by people who don't agree with the politicians or the war itself. I can't imagine serving and coming home to silence or worse. :mad:

Hats off to all our service men and women thanks very much for all that you have done and are yet to do. My prayers go out for you each day. God bless and protect you.

Rodney

goodbye.jpg

Wow this one is painful! Thanks to all who serve and have served.

That image really hits hard...
He is a boy who has now become the Man of the House,
Yesterday,his understanding of Loss was learning that his favorite comic is missing...
His concept of Sacrifice was having to miss an hour of his favorite t.v. show because of some extra chores,
and his experience with Death was finding a spot in the back yard for his hamster...
However;
he's never fired a rifle in combat,but has the Courage of a soldier.
He stands with Strength under the burden of Sorrow that would buckle others.
He will grow to become a powerful individual,a Warrior,
for he has passed thru the flames and the anvil,and emerged with a True Temper.
Edited to add:
and the most powerful thing he will take from this is,
Pride will be in every breath he takes,
because his Daddy Went Ahead that others may live,and know Freedom.

Last edited:
That image really hits hard...
He is a boy who has now become the Man of the House,
Yesterday,his understanding of Loss was learning that his favorite comic is missing...
His concept of Sacrifice was having to miss an hour of his favorite t.v. show because of some extra chores,
and his experience with Death was finding a spot in the back yard for his hamster...
However;
he's never fired a rifle in combat,but has the Courage of a soldier.
He stands with Strength under the burden of Sorrow that would buckle others.
He will grow to become a powerful individual,a Warrior,
for he has passed thru the flames and the anvil,and emerged with a True Temper.

Very well said, Your words are spot on!!

There just aren't any words that are good enough to thank the men and women who put themselves in harms way every day, so the rest of us don't have too, so I'll just say "Thank You."

May God Bless all the veterans and the families who have given so much so we can enjoy the freedom we have in this country.

Doug
JN. 3:16

May God bless all those who have, are, and will be serving. Ironwolf, thanks for such wonderful words and pictures to commemorate today... :)

Some gave all....

Some gave all... God bless you and your famiy.

Back