My Thoughts on Memorial Day

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
I would like to take this moment to give a heartfelt thanks and God Bless to the men and women who make our way of life possible. For without them, somethings that we take for granted, such as chatting on a free internet site, would never be possible.

We have the distinct honor of living in the only truly free country in the world, a nation formed and protected by Warriors in the truest sense of the word. Yes, we may be hated by many other countries whose brains are filled with delusions of grandeur by cynical leaders and we may look upon illegal immigrants as a drain on our resources but the reason for this is simple. Everyone wants to live here or in a place like our great country. Granted, I have met people from around the globe who are perfectly happy with there situation but they don't share our liberties and advantages, they simply are satisfied with what they have.

I have been extremely lucky and have travelled to foreign lands where stability is the calm between the storms and we as Americans are spoiled. We don't want machine guns pointed at our bellies while someone inspects our passport and leers at us but this is the way of most of the world. The US passport is the most loved, hated and feared document in existence, next to our Constitution of course. But being spoiled is a good thing as long as you don't thumb your noses at people less fortunate. This is also the most benevolent country on Earth, bar none. We step in and help when no one else can be bothered. And when you see our relief services on the news there is always a single common denominator, uniforms. Our armed services are the front line of the war on inhumanity. Doctors, nurses, and medical support staff are stringing mosquito nets, administerring meds and ensuring the general welfare and comfort of the rest of the world. As awkward and inept as the current administration seems, we stopped terrorist plots and incursions on our homeland on an almost daily basis, and this isn't done by me, Joe Knifemaker, it's done by brave souls in uniforms that don't say republican or democrat on the sleeve. It simply shows our FLAG.

So please thank a vet or any service person, a simple thumbs up to a freckle faced kid in fatigues at the airport is a small gesture but will bring a smile to their face everytime.

Respectfully Submitted,
Steve Janik
Proud American

Last edited:
Amen. Well said Steve. Also, thanks to all our Knife Dogs in uniform to for your service.
-John

Well said Steve.

Thanks to all Veterans for your service.
May God bless you and your families.

God bless,Keith

Here's to all the men and women that have served this country with pride and resolution. May your day be as bright as your ideals that carried you through your tours of duty.
Your friend and fellow veteran,
Larry

Amen to that,
To all the American AND Canadian men and women who stood and stand shoulder to shoulder;
Thank you.

Well said Steve, Thanks to all the service men and woman that have given up so much for our freedem.

Rodney

I was Navy and Army National Guard. People didn't say thank you. In Norfolk, Virginia, they still had signs that said, "Dogs and sailors keep off the grass." in people's yards. We have came a long way.

I ALWAYS say, Thank you for your service." when I see a service person in uniform. I always mean it too.

In response to Les George's thread which was closed.

Of course you are correct in your statement, but Memorial Day has always been a time for reflection for me as a Vet. I feel that those who fell in battle would like for us that did not, to enjoy the day and our lives that we owe to theirs coming to an end.

Nice thoughts Steve. I agree.

My thanks to all vets of every branch.

Les, I read your list and felt a loss but I can't even begin to feel the loss you have suffered. My condolences. May those warriors RIP...

Back