Habanero hunter, G10, W1 w/hamon

Salem Straub

“Habanẽro.”

Get it while it’s hot. Sorry, this blade looked a bit like a pepper, or so I thought when I was making it. After I decided to use orange G10, it was only the natural name for this design since I love spicy stuff. Heck, I even added the green pin for verisimilitude…

Here are the particulars: Forged and clay quenched, triple tempered W1 tool steel blade with hamon, full flat grind, distal taper and rabbeted tang. Hand rubbed to 600 grit. Handle is hunter orange G10 with green canvas Micarta© mekugi-ana (pin) and SS thong tube. Nickel silver epoxy – fit guard w/mirror polish. Handle is shaped to fit standard grips solidly and comfortably, with deep finger notch and pronounced palm swell. Overall length is 9” exactly, blade length is 4-1/2”, and weight is 6 oz. Spine is 5/32” at ricasso; tang is approximately 2-3/4” into scales behind guard. Balance is 7/8” behind guard.

I dare you to try to lose this knife, guys. (Unless you are totally color blind.) I have never guaranteed a knife against loss, and probably never will, but if I did, it would be this one. How many times have you looked to no avail for a tool that you just set down, or even worse, an arrow in tall grass or brush? Seems like I always fume that I should have painted it bright orange, it would be easy to find…

Asking price is $240 U.S.
Price dropped to $220 shipped.
Price drop. $210 shipped w/sheath.

I have this knife posted elsewhere; first time stamp gets it.

Price includes shipping to 50 states. I will ship around the world; I just ask that in this case the buyer pay the added shipping costs. (Please, no countries where knife shipments are prohibited.) Included in price as well is a molded pouch type sheath made of premium veg-tanned 8-10 oz. horse leather. Specify RH or LH sheath, natural or black finish.

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.

Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. It’s your choice.

I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost; however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.

I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.

Also, if this knife or any other I have made that you have seen looks close to something you would like, or if you would like to talk about an entirely different knife design altogether, please contact me, I do custom orders as well and always enjoy talking about knife designs, whether or not we actually end up doing business.

Salem Straub

Last edited:
Gotta drop the price again, $210 shipped w/sheath. That's as low as this one can go- poverty line. Wouldn't drop it so quick, but need the cash as life sometimes is interesting in unplanned ways...

Back