This is so cliche it's just wrong

mitch13

I came across this brand "down under knives", thought never heard of em, sounds like it might be a new Aussie company, you know Down under usually gives an implication of something Aussie.

NO it's an offshore company with knives made in Asia. Have Aussie bush scenes in the bacdrop pictures of their products, every knife has a faux croc skin sheath. They even make a model called "the outback" Croc Dundee bowie. I thought we were past it

Alright I'll come clean ALL Aussie blokes wear nothing but Croc skins & for dentures we use croc's teeth:p:D

Cheers
mitch

Don't forget we ride Kangaroos to work. The pouch is really handy when dropping the kids off at school or doing the shopping.

:)

I knew all about the big knives and beer drinking, but boy was I surprised to find out about the crocodile tooth dentures. Now that you told about the dentures we'll probably start seeing those for sale as well. Don't worry, if I decide to get a set, I'll hold out for the real thing.

Seems like a company more interested in marketing than good knives. Unfortunate and unseemly, but not terribly surprising.

On a positive note, I need a good deal of dental work, and croc teeth sound pretty darn cool! :D

Last edited:
I thought it would make you smile.
Shouldn't told you about the dentures now there won't be enough to go around.
mitch

Does this mean I don't get the croc fangs I was dreaming of?!? :( :eek:

PS I heard people in Australia shoot 'roos... Does the meat taste like venison?

Last edited:
I think you would need the croc teeth to chew the 'roos

Does this mean I don't get the croc fangs I was dreaming of?!? :( :eek:

PS I heard people in Australia shoot 'roos... Does the meat taste like venison?

:)

Yep they can be viewed as pests in rural areas, have big impact in drought areas. It's a gamey meat. I havem't had venison.
mitch

Roo meat is very gamey with no fat at all and is available in the supermarkets. It is way gamier than Venison which i just love.
The croc teeth dentures cost so much cause the ol croc puts up a bit of fight when it comes to gettin em:p

I've been pondering how I might become a little more socially acceptable and the croc dentures might just be the ticket. What a smile they would give an old guy with but a few teeth left in his head.
Someone post me the number of a down under dentist who does this kind of work.

Much appreciated, Fred

Fred I don't know about socially "never smile at a crocodile..." but it could be the look for you:D
mitch

Back