Wood from Shaughnessy

Denny Eller

Larry, I just got my box of wood and it was like Christmas morning for a 7 year old. Wow, you put some great stuff in that box. I have enough spalted maple to do a set of kitchen knives now. And the burl and the curly maple and, and, and. I cannot thank you enough for doing this but as I told you I owe you and I won't forget it. I think my wife was as excited as I was. She said, "Wow! This wood is beautiful! Now take out the trash and get busy making knives." She and I both thank you very much. Denny

Denton I was glad to do it and I'm certainly glad you like it. I hope you make some nice stuff with it. I made some kitchen blades myself with some of that spalted maple. Its in the tutorial section here..."Step by Step Handles..." If you run across something that you can't remember what it is just let me know. Some of that stuff needs to be sanded, like the stuff thats already stabilized. Thats one of my LEAST favorite things in the world is to sand the crust off the blocks so I probably only did one side. :eek:

Anyways post some pics when you can, cuz you guys always have great ideas, and everyone likes to see what you made.

Larry

Back