W2 integral with Elm burl.

Erik Markman

W2 waterquenched with Elm burl handle.
Bladelength 75 mm.
Total length 190 mm.
Will get a stainless pin.

Foto-B4VUNLWU.jpg

Hope you like it!

nice knife. That Elm burl is much better than I thought it would be. I have cut up at least dozen dead Elms over the last several years as Dutch Elm marches through the trees here. It's insanely dense but lacks a lot of contrast to the grain...or at least I thought until I look at that. I guess I better cut into any burls I find next time. I have a monster Elm that has to come down but I'm going to need a pro for that one. I don't need to take out the corner of the house when it falls the wrong way..

nice knife. That Elm burl is much better than I thought it would be. I have cut up at least dozen dead Elms over the last several years as Dutch Elm marches through the trees here. It's insanely dense but lacks a lot of contrast to the grain...or at least I thought until I look at that. I guess I better cut into any burls I find next time. I have a monster Elm that has to come down but I'm going to need a pro for that one. I don't need to take out the corner of the house when it falls the wrong way..

I think if you have it stabilized it will improve on contrast. First time I saw the block I wasn't too excited but after buffing it is as nice as a good piece of desert ironwood burl. Get it stabilized.

be careful with the house.....

Thank you all for your nice comments!

Back