W-2! W-2! W-2! W-2! W-2! W-2! W-2! W-2!

Aldo

An open letter to all would-be W-2 users:

It seems every time I mention W-2 I get a barrage of emails wanting it. This steel along with many others will soon be available through the NEW New Jersey Steel Baron. We are now tooling up and stocking a new warehouse. We will be stocking both carbon and stainless steels, and yes, we will have W-2.

After four years of relentlessly searching the best way to go and the people to make it so, we feel we have come up with a way to have it done. There will be round bar and flat bar available. Don't bother to call me on this (although I do love hearing from you all) as I assure you as soon as it is all available it will be announced on every forum, on every email that I have (send me one if you are not sure that I have your email), and hell, I'll be shouting it from the mountain tops.

There is still a lot of leg work to be done. I would like to hear from all of you about sizing and formulas. We've put together what we feel is a good solid base of steels to start with. We will be carrying in carbon steel 1075, 1084, 1086, 1086V, 5160, 52100 (flat bar), L-6, O-1, D-2, 5160, 15N20, A-2, and W-1. In stainless, we will be carrying CPM 3V, CPM S30V, CPM S35VN, 154CM, CPM 154CM, CPM D-2, CPM M4 and 440-C.

In the future, we'd like to hear from you and what you are looking for. This company was created to service all of you, and we will need your input to help us to run it properly. Our goal is to make sure you have the steels you need to create the knives you have in mind without concern as to the steel's quality -- Let us take care of that part. If you have questions or concerns we want to answer them for you. If you want to try something different, we'd like to be a part of it. We are here to serve.

(We are planning our grand opening for mid to late September. We will be announcing steels as they come into stock between then and now. This means that by September we should be fully stocked. If you need anything before then, drop me a line.)

Attachments

• aldo in front of truck.JPG
    aldo in front of truck.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 115
Aldo, where were you last weekend? I thought that you were going to be at IG's. He did not save you any of that quart that I brought!

bubba-san:

We have a .75 carbon steel coming in with .35 manganese. We are still looking for something between the .15 and .25 range but have not had any success. We also have a .99 with .42 manganese coming. The 1086 comes in at .85 carbon and .51 manganese. The search continues....

Regards,
Aldo

Nope, I drank some too. Wayne Made sure I got my Fill:D2thumbs

Hey Aldo, Save me some of that W2!!! I'd come there now:running dog: if you'd answer your Email this AMhuh1:bud:
Wayne: IG drank it all?!? :eek:

Aldo, congratulations brother!!! You've been telling me about this dream of yours since we spoke the first time late last summer. I'm very happy to hear that all of your hard work is finally coming together. I'm certain your hardwork to make this happen will pay off for all of us and hopefully be fruitfull for you in the process.

This is VERY exciting news! I look forward to having another steel supplier to order from. And that's a great assortment of steels! Congrats!

--nathan

Congrats Aldo,that's quite an assortment of steel-I'm already itchin to get my grubby mitts on some:D
A new van too?Looks like things are going well2thumbs

cpm3v and cpm M4 are not SS but they are high alloy
they offer a bit better rust protection but are still jsut high alloy tool steels
jsut a cause i get some other makers lump them in to the SS cause there not really forge friendly :D

This is VERY exciting news! I look forward to having another steel supplier to order from. And that's a great assortment of steels! Congrats!

--nathan

Darn tootin! My three faves are in the list and some of the stuff I've wanted to try, I can't find elsewhere, at least not in flat stock. Best of luck to you Aldo!

Back