newest billet

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
my newest billet ,its 1/4" thick,1 1/2" wide and 12" long, started with 23 layers of 1095,15n20 ,this is a basket weave pat. I think LOL at least that what i wanted . i've had a blank on knife styles as of the last few months with all darci's softball going on. but now we only have three day a week of softball so i can start working on knives again ,at least for a month then basketball starts and it back to 6 days a week sports. so ok what kind of knife should i make out of this billet .just wanted to say hi and show i have not fell off the earth.
Clint
DSC03983.jpg

DSC03982.jpg

DSC03981.jpg

DSC03975.jpg

Awesome Billet Clint! I am a huge fan of your blades as well.

How about a wicked fantasy type 12" fighter???????:D:D:D:eek::D:D:D

Chris

Clint that really does look awsome. You folks that make damascus just put me in awe with some of the patterns you come up with. How about a nice dagger? What ever you do decide on I'm sure will be great.

well the billet is gone, i traded it for a fighter made by cook custom knives out of AZ. I have seen his work at our gun show in san diego for years .
www.cookcustomknives.com and said to myself he needs one of my billets .
i could of sold it for 200.00 if i was lucky so a trade for a 420.00 fighter was ok with me .i'll put it in my bug out pack .but i got him a billet just maybe he'll want more. ok so back out to the shop to make another ,work is slowing down again so time to make more knives ,lol

Last edited:
Heck yeah,I'd say you did some mighty fine horse-tradin' there!
Oh,and just so ya know,I have heard something said hereabouts that
"if there ain't a pic,it didn't happen"...Now,I happen to believe you,but there might be others who wouldn't...;)

Back