Contest! Drawing 5/28 - 5PM PST

Burl Source

Forum Owner & Moderator
It has been quite a while since I have done a give away contest here on Knife Dogs. The winner gets these 2 blocks. I think they might look ok for knife handles. These are natural wood, not stabilized. Maple Burl and Redwood Burl. They might look a little better when you fine sand and finish them.

kd19001.jpg

Only one entry per person.

Just make a post in this thread and say something entertaining, interesting or encouraging to the rest of the knifemakers here.

Friday (5/28) at 5PM PST I will use a random number generator to do the drawing. Your post number is your entry number.

This contest is open to all knife makers. I will pay for shipping to US and Canada.
Good Luck!

Thanks for the chance. With that, how about a little knife humor.

A: How many knifemakers does it take to change a light bulb?

Q: About 5. Don't ask why, its just a stab in the dark!

think im sick I just finished grinding the blade on my secound knife I'm so proud I just want to hold it and look at it like I did my doughters when they were born.

Thanks for the chance Rodney

Ya don't know what you got until it's gone,
Ya can't really see the grain until it's sawn,
No one will know the winner till it's drawn,
And I just wrote the stupidest-ever song!

I'm in please. Thanks for the giggle :D

When we die,we will be known as one of two things,either a ''Problem Solver'' or a ''Problem Causer''......
Which one will you be?

God bless,Keith

When you are discouraged, and mad at your latest mess up or failure, walk away, take a hike go to a movie, etc and it will get your mind off of any mess ups and then you will be in a better position to fix it.

Oh, and did you know that the average candy bar has 7 insect legs in it? :D ( im in :D)

I'm in... and super stoked for the opportunity.

"Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer."**(Jack Handey)

Thanks for the chance!

Did you know that if you melted down all of the gold that has ever been recovered on the planet, it wouldn't even fill two Olympic size swimming pools!

Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
There is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other"
doesn't make any sense.
(Jalal al-Din Rumi, 13th century Muslim Sufi mystic)

Thanks for the chance at the materials AND to throw out some Rumi for rumination.

Nice looking wood Burl. Appreciate the opportunity to win.

Don't wait till things are perfect, they never will be. Just Start! It's the hardest part.
Dozier

I'm in and Gahagan congratulations to both you and your wife!
Enjoy your children while you can for soon they will be teenagers. :)

Back