2nd completed knife

JAG

Hey Dogs! So this is my 2nd completed knife. I have ground 8 blades total and have 5 more on the bench that I have heat treated. I destroyed my 2nd blade by over grinding while trying to even it out:eek:
I really tried to make the time this week to get out in the shop after work. I highly recommend it:cool: I made a couple of mistakes on this knife but learned a lot along the way. I still need a little touch up and I need to etch the blade but I feel pretty good about this one.
It is O1, White paper Micarta, Black liners and mosaic pin. I was trying to find a decent way to finish the knife without a buffer and I used a Scotch Bright belt. I am pretty pleased with the finish but it doesn't photograph well!
Let me know what you guy's think!2thumbs

Attachments

• 2ndknife01.jpg
    2ndknife01.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 2ndknife02.jpg
    2ndknife02.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 2ndknife06.jpg
    2ndknife06.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 2ndknife08.jpg
    2ndknife08.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2ndknife05.jpg
    2ndknife05.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Looks real good brother.
I like that white paper micarta with the black liners.....looks classy.

I love the design and the workmanship looks excellent. Hope my second knife comes out half that nice.

Thanks guy's! The heat treat was done at a friends shop who has a converted kiln that works great for O1. I hope to try and build a heat treat oven as that would really speed things up being able to heat treat and move on. Right now I had to try and grind several blades and work it out with his schedule to get them done.
This one is Flat ground. Funny thing, I thought I wanted to do Hollows but have only done Flats! I like the Flats! Who knew!
The other knives are different designs than this one, I will post pics as I move along, Thanks guy's! I appreciate the comments!

Back