lost a great one.. Dale E Warther

Jim Coffee

Dale E. Warther, 58, a lifelong resident of Dover died Saturday, May 15, 2010, in Aultman Hospital at Canton following a courageous fight against a brief illness.
Following Dale's education, he joined his father, Dave, and grandfather, Mooney, and family in the operation of the Warther Cutlery and Warther Museum where he was the Director of the Knife Shop. Dale was known for creating his custom knives, many of which are owned by living and deceased dignitaries and celebrities including Ronald Reagan, Nelson Mandela, Charleton Heston, and Condoleeza Rice.
Born on New Year's Day, 1952, to David R. and Joanne (Carl) Warther of Dover, he was the second baby born at Union Hospital that year.
Dale was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Dover and the Knights of Columbus. He was also a member of the Dover Lions Club and Life Member of the Dover Historical Society. He also had professional affiliations with the Western Reserve Cutlery Assn. and the Knife Guild. He was a 1970 graduate of Dover High School and every year for many years, he hosted and welcomed his classmates to the museum for an evening of reminiscing the good old days. He also graduated in 1974 from Bowling Green State University. Dale was a humble man and will be remembered for his warm, friendly, and "easygoing" personality.
In addition to his parents, Dale is survived by his wife, Elaine Seikel Warther with whom he would have celebrated 31 years of marriage on July 7; four children, Karen of Athens, Ga., Karl of Stow, O., Kurt and Krista both of Dover; five brothers and sisters, Carol (husband, Dana) Warther Moreland of Dover, David (wife, Mary Ruth) Warther of Dover, Mark (wife, Pat) Warther of New Philadelphia, Lisa (husband, Mike) White of Arvada, Colo., and Dan (wife, Julie) Warther of Dover; his mother-in-law, Mildred Seikel of Dover along with several brothers- and sisters-in-law, nieces, and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Richard; maternal grandparents, Lester and Mary Carl; paternal grandparents, Ernest "Mooney" and Frieda Warther; and father-in-law, Robert Seikel.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated on Wednesday, May 19, 2010, at 11 a.m. in the St. Joseph Catholic Church in Dover with Fr. Matt Hoover officiating. A private inurnment will take place at a later date in the Calvary Cemetery at Dover. Friends will be received at the Toland-Herzig Funeral Home & Crematory at Dover on Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m. Christian Wake services will be Tuesday at 8 p.m. Those unable to attend or who may wish to express a fond memory of Dale may sign the online register book by visiting the "obituaries" link on the funeral home Web site.
In lieu of flowers and in honor of his father, memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association ., 225 N. Michigan Ave. 17th Floor, Chicago, Ill. 60601 or one's church or favorite charity.
Toland-Herzig
(330) 343-6132
www.tolandherzig.com Published in The Times Reporter from May

"A nes'gv'ti he'a aqua' E'do'da hi'ne'yu he'a si'da'ne'lv'hi u'la'ni'gi'da."
May the great Father keep the Family strong.

Last edited:
for those of you who don't know who dale warther was do a seach on the internet of warthers museum, IT IS AMAZING. this museum is about 30 miles south of akron ohio, if you are ever in the area of dover ohio it is a must see. i would post a link to the museum but i dont know how. if someone could post it it is a real neat site for the knife maker and carver

for those of you who don't know who dale warther was do a seach on the internet of warthers museum, IT IS AMAZING. this museum is about 30 miles south of akron ohio, if you are ever in the area of dover ohio it is a must see. i would post a link to the museum but i dont know how. if someone could post it it is a real neat site for the knife maker and carver

Here you go Jim. www.warthers.com/museum.htm

That is a shock. I was just talking about Dale the other day. Prayers go out to the family.

That is a shock. I was just talking about Dale the other day. Prayers go out to the family.

Me on the left and Dale on the right.
Dale.jpg

Dales father David is the one I buy pre-ban ivory from if I'm not mistaken. Its a sad thing to lose a son.
Prayers sent to the Warther family.

Back