Basic simple fixed blades

John T Wylie Jr.

Rockstar and ACE vBulletin troubleshooter
Managed to get a few done recently, things are calming down here , had to take some time off to take care of the wife on her bout with cancer.

Only managed to finish 4 knives in over 6 months , but important things in life come first.

Loveless influenced fixed blade ( ATS-34 )
Loveless influenced design.
Steel: 5/32 ATS34
Heat Treat : Paul Bos
OAL: 10"
Cutting edge: 4 1/2"
scales: coarse OD green G10 with red liners
400 grit finish on the blade , 220 grit on the scales.

IMG_0094x.jpg

handmade leather sheath:
IMG_0088x.jpg

Terrible picts on this one , this one ended up going to the guy who bought the one above as well:
Forgot the specs

IMG_0028.jpg

JW2.jpg

small wharncliff in D2:

Steel: .152 (5/32) D2 Paul Bos Heat Treat
OAL: 6 13/16
Blade: 3"
Finish: 400 grit hand finish
Scales: tan G10 , stainless corby style bolts with SS lan tube ( scales were finished to 320 grit then glass bead blasted for more texture ).
Sheath: Kydex drilled for small tec-lock
IMG_0081x.jpg

IMG_0085x.jpg

She is getting back to full strength...chemo is all done now , her port has been removed , now we wait till July/August for reconstructive surgery.

This one is just about perfect. I really like it alot! Well wishes sent for your wife!

What's up with the corbies? why do they have that little circle in the center?

IMG_0028.jpg

Those are sort of like corby's but not really , more like loveless bolts on the off side. So you are left with a ring in the center.

Really nice work John, as usual if I do say so.
Your still on my list of knives needed made by _______ .
My best to your wife and family.
Dozier

Just like you said, simple basic fixed blades. I like them. I hope your wife will be ok, my wife is going through the same thing.

I just noticed that they are hand rubbed. Makes them even nicer.2thumbs

Yeah that part kills me , typing at a PC all day makes me tend to not want to do the hand satin finish during the week at nights....but sometimes ya just gotta do it.

I prefer that finish as well.

I have to say the second knife is my favorite, but they are all very nice. Good job, John!

My mother went through breast cancer including a radical mastectomy. She had reconstructive surgery and said it was horrible and she would never recommend it. Just food for thought.

I hear ya Rock , 2 lumpectomy's and a mastectomy and she is actually looking forward to the reconstructive.

Everyone seems to like the one with the top swedge , that is a model that I might have to make more of...someday ;)

Back