More Aussie wood handled hunters

Bruce Barnett

Gday all,
Here is another 4 for Blade Show with native Aussie timbers.
1. Mike Norris "Raindrop" carbon damascus with Devin Thomas "Raindrop" tri colour mokume gaurd and Red Morrel.
2. Devin Thomas "Sharkstooth" carbon damascus with Silicon Bronze gaurd and some curly new growth Jarrah.
3. I forged this camp knife out of some of Don Hansons W2, added a 416 gaurd with copper spacer and finished with a piece of curly Karri.
4. This one is D2 with full tapered tang, nickel silver gaurd and pins with Rib Fruited Mallee scales.
Cheers Bruce

Attachments

• Raindrop with Red Morrel.JPG
    Raindrop with Red Morrel.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Sharkstooth_Curly Jarrah.JPG
    Sharkstooth_Curly Jarrah.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 72
  • W2_Curly Karri.JPG
    W2_Curly Karri.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 58
  • D2_Rib Fruited Mallee.jpg
    D2_Rib Fruited Mallee.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 65
All four of these knives look great. It would be hard to select a favorite. The knives look really good and the handles are especially well done. Amazing finish on the first one.

Great looking knives Bruce! Hopefully I'll get to see a couple of them in person before they run out the door at Blade! :)

Look forward to seeing you again Mate!

Thanks for the compliments fella's.
Burl Source-The finish on these is LinSpeed. It come up exceptionaly shiny on the Red Morrel, maybe too shiny.
Cheers Bruce

Thanks for the compliments fella's.
Burl Source-The finish on these is LinSpeed. It come up exceptionaly shiny on the Red Morrel, maybe too shiny.
Cheers Bruce

I went to the Linspeed website and recognized the jar. It looks like the same stuff my dad used on his guns when I was a kid. I'll have to get some and see how it works on figured walnut and some of the other dark color figured woods.

Some very nice knives.

PS: do you know Dee Hedges she makes knives and is coming to the blade show. She lives in Perth Australia, and I don't know where Perth is at.

Last edited:
Some very nice knives.

PS: do you know Dee Hedges she makes knives and is coming to the blade show. She lives in Perth Australia, and I don't know where Perth is at.

I havent met Dee yet. We have chatted and dont live that far apart as it turns out.
Perth is the capital of Western Australia.
Cheers Bruce

Back