Dang! my pronghorn bent.

Bill Burke

Made it into the shop today to finish up a pronghorn for an order. I thought that it looked pretty good and then the dang thing bent right near the middle. I am at a loss and not sure what to do now. Maybee you guys could give some suggestions.

here it is before;
standard.jpg

and after;
standard.jpg

one more
standard.jpg

HA HA HA ! You realy had me going for a few minutes, looking for the bend, then I SAW IT! Man oh man it's bent bad! It's going to be hard to straighten out without a NAIL NICK! HA HA HA!

Haha Bill, good one. Youve sure figured out how to get peoples attention.
Yep, thats bent, you best send it to me;)

Yeah I think someone else needs to inspect it in person. Send it on over. -Burton

Sorry Guys but the new owner seemed to think that he could live with that way. dang he didn't even charge me anyhting for takin it off my hands. I really lucked out there all i had to do was pay shipping.

Oh Well. Sorry you missed me.
I coulda helped too.
Sure had me going Bill, shoulda known better. Dozier

Ya know, lately I have been seeing a lot of these knives that break in half during the quench. I wonder if we have gotten a bad batch of quench oil or maybe a faulty run of thermocouples in the HT ovens.:D

Never Been a fan of pronghorn till now thats nice Bill I would like to know what is going on under them brass bolsters

Bill, That is a nice one. 2thumbs2thumbs.

Bing
MLazyB Custom Knives

Blade Show tester table 24P-A

I like it Bill. Does Ed Fowler make any folding knives? Cant recall ever seeing one.

Bruce to the best of my knowledge Ed has made only one folder and it is in his kitchen unfinished. Mike and Audra Make a folder that loosely resembles a pronghorn, other than them I don't recall any other makers doing this style in a folder.

Never Been a fan of pronghorn till now thats nice Bill I would like to know what is going on under them brass bolsters.

Dave they are simply covering the pivot screw.

thanks evryone else for the compliments.

Last edited:
YEP, IT'S BROKEN!!! But I can fix it!

I'll even pay the postage to get it here.

But sorry, I can't guarantee how log it'll take me to get it fixed, may be quite some time........... :D

That looks great! Nice job.

Kelly

Back