...and they said it couldn't be done...

T

The Tourist

Spring is here, I'm loose in the world, and speaking of loose...

...my 'skinny' jeans fit again!

Perhaps rough riding l'il Sportsters shake the weight off of you. Either that or it's the fact I've cut back on the junk and I'm really pounding the gym (even more).

If I can, so can you!

2 corners are cut from the man card for actually admitting to wearing "skinny jeans "

Actually, it's more 'hip' since the trend of those P90X style regimens. I've been using lighter weights, but lifting more reps and adding more cables to the black iron ratio. As for cardio, you should see me suffer on The Gauntlet.

The big problem for me is Diet Dew. I'm switching over to Welch's Concord Grape Juice, but yikes, it's like I'm dying of thirst.

I know it's working. When my work-outs go well, two things happen. First, I have the A/C blasting in my truck or I sit in front of a fan. I'm boiling. Two, I have a hair-trigger temper, but usually it's a "some times" thing. Lately I've been discussing my displeasure with idiots and writing to the newspaper editor a tad more often.;)

Lean muscle hungry for protein...

LOL. Not in my case. I haven't worn a single thing for the sake of "fashion" since I bought a Neru jacket in 1967 to take my then-girl-friend out for dinner.

As I have stated, I wore a 'costume' and masqueraded as a business executive for several decades, and even then I couldn't play it straight. I wore black shirts and pin-stripes.:D

My entire wardrobe now consisted of black Harley T-shirts, crappy jeans, WigWam socks, and motorcycle boots. I gave away all of my suits and ties. The last 'nod to fashion' I've allowed myself was an old-style triple plated wallet chain, and even that simply replaces something from 1972.

I just look crappy in clothes, anyway. I enjoy working out, the pain, the pump, hot relaxing showers, hydro-beds and making twenty-somethings look weak. (And that's a national tragedy. This is the first generation expected to live shorter and unhealthier lives than their parents.)

However, I think it's time to lean out a bit. There's this one quote that began to gnaw at me. Scharzenegger said he lost over fifty pounds in preparation for his first Conan movie--and he looked great. More cardio, less bulk. I doubt that I'll ever get under 200 pounds again, so 'nice jeans' are going to have to be their own reward.:D

Ouch, good one John.
Just curious. How many pullups or chinups do you do in your workout?
Dozier

ps. and yes, you are still on my "need to get one from him" list

How many pullups or chinups do you do in your workout?

What number are you looking for?

The ones I do under-hand? The ones I do over-hand? The ones I do with the 'pistol grip'? The total?

And does that total number only mean the first set, or all three sets?

Edit: I hate to sound like a whiner, but somes times my right deltoid gives me grief from an old car accident (I think). Anyhoo, on those days I change up my angle a bit. We have a sqaut racks in the black iron part of the gym, and those bars use safety hooks. I set the bar into the hooks, and plant my feet so that when I lean back my torse is 90 degrees to the bar. Then I do pull-ups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps rough riding l'il Sportsters shake the weight off of you. Either that or it's the fact I've cut back on the junk and I'm really pounding the gym (even more).

If I can, so can you!

but you want a 3x shirt. and you fit in skinny jeans. go figure

well just recently I had to go up in jean size--from the 30" waist to the 31".
and for a workout routine I regularly 1. run amuck-2. jump to conclusions and 3. fly off the handle------guess its not working.

If I can, so can you!

Glad to hear you got out of the suits and back into the jeans and t-shirt world.

I don't think I have any skinny jeans...just 501's nothing else.

As for pounding goes...just a few beers on the weekend.

Somehow I have been lucky and still only weigh 145 at 5'8" and 50 years of hell raising behind me.

Last thing I remember buying for fashion sake was a Members Only jacket..DOH (I still have it in a closet somewhere)

Back