Dagger for a KD member

Josh Dabney

Our very own Rick Oshay contacted me requesting info on daggers and asked if I had any that were ready to go. Although I didn't have one ready to go I did have one that had a flaw in the handle that was just unacceptable so I sent some pics and we worked out the details on this blade.

After grinding off the the original scales this is what we came up with-

3 3/4" 1095 dagger
Black canvas micarta with Bright Red fiber liners.
Mild steel pins
Concealex sheath with large Tek-Lok

I've had the idea of doing a dagger with a center ridge running the length of the handle slabs for awhile now so I rough shaped these and sent some pics to Rick to get his approval on this handle style. We agreed to go with it.

I recently won the generous Give-A-Way held by JA williams for 8 Lanyards. (I know... WOW right !) It only seemed fitting to me to share this un-expected wealth with a fellow KD member so I used a perfectly matching Lanyard on the sheath and added a sweet Bulldog bead to boot.

This is my very first attempt at a kydex (concealex) sheath. I'm real happy with it. It's a 1 piece body folded around the point of the blade with adjustable tension with rubber washers sandwiched in the middle of the top two chicago screws.

Please let me know what think !

Martindagger039.jpg

Martindagger038.jpg

Martindagger037.jpg

Martindagger034.jpg

Martindagger040.jpg

MartinDagger026.jpg

Thanks, Josh

I think you did a terrific job on both the knife and the sheath. I really like how the line of the blade continues through the handle.

great package Josh. Everything works together,the center ridge, red liners, oversize pins, symmetrical handle, Wow, it all comes together.2thumbs

Wow, I love it! I'm a sucker for a nice Dagger/Boot Knife...The coffin handle looks great with the ridge running down the center.

Well Done!

I think you did some out standing work there Josh! Ive always liked coffin handled knives, but the way the peaked handles continue into the blades grind lines, even the way the blades temper lines outline the edges, it's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Heck, the handle's pins even match up with the sheath's bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking and well executed dagger and sheath.

Looks like it would make a very handy little carry knife.

Back