CRKT rocks

Bladewarrior

Hello fellow knife enthusiasts recently I wrote a bad review on CRKT.com about the M16 tanto folder. I was using it at work and the liner lock got over extended in the handle past the end of the bottom part of the blade.
After posting my review I was contacted by CRKT and they offered to give me the updated M16 with thicker liners if I mail them mine.
I took them up on their offer and just wanted to tell the knife community how incredibly loyal and understanding CRKT is to their customers. Whatever problems I may have had with the knife was more than made up for with their outstanding customer service.

Tony

I have always had good customer relations with CRKT. I once had the clip come unscrewed and those tiny screws were lost. Not only did they send me a new clip and screws, but also the tool necessary to put them in!

I bought my CRKT back in '98. I've been very pleases with the 50 or so different knives I have bought from them since. I've lost screws, bent clips, and beat them to hades, but they have never once failed me or any of the people I have gifted them to. In my opinion, they are the best bang for the buck in the production knife community.

I have had a lot of the M-16 series, as well as other CRKTs. The bead blast finish did horrible in South Carolina's humid client. (I have had satin finish Benchmades rust in my pocket here too!) I took them back to them at the Blade Show and they replaced them on the spot. Cold Steel did that with their AK-47 and gave me a new, more expensive Recon 1 for it that didn't have the bead blast finish.

I've easily had forty or fifty CRKTs and they sell themselves out of my pockets. I gave one of their Hammond Cruisers to a young friend of mine who is in the Army. He took it to Hawaii and then Iraq for a year and back to Hawaii. He loves it and has had no problems with it.

CRKT continues to make improvements on their successful designs as well as bringing fresh ones in frequently.

Last edited:
I'm glad someone else thinks as highly of this Brand as I do. Honestly, I stopped carrying other Brands of knives After I discovered CRKT's. When I started buying them, there were 2 things that really "attracted" me to them. First, that they used Custom knife Makers designs.(At the Time I could not afford a "Custom made" knife) Second, that after a while they stop making some/most models. The M-16 is the only Model I have seen vary from this as it is SO popular.

Admittedly, I am a "Sucker" for Flippers. Here's a little tip for ya'. If you loosen the pivot screw slightly, a flipper will open as fast,or faster than MOST auto's. Plus it doesn't have the liability of "Accidentally opening" in your pocket! After being cut a couple of times by auto's, opening in my pocket, I quit carrying an auto. If I had/used a belt sheath, an auto would be fine. JMO but all auto's should come with a sheath for belt carry. That way the sheath would prevent the blade from opening completely.

For this reason, I started carrying the M-16, and M21 models by CRKT.

I also like CRKT. I had a well used M-16 that also had a loose clip and a missing screw. When I showed it to a factory rep. that was at A.G. Russell's store he wrote down my info and had them send me a new clip, screws, and tool to change them.

Yep,they look after ya really well.
My 1st CRKT was a lil' F-4 fixed blade for "polite" carry,
and doing detail work (I was a residential painter then).
I was up a ladder one day,and I guess the sheath got hooked on something
(I had it on my belt),and the clip broke.
It was at the end of the day when this happened,and I didn't notice it missing until I got home and went to get changed.
I took off my belt,and the remainder of the clip fell to the floor...
I went back to the site,but the knife was gone (someone must have found it).
I wrote it off as a loss.
9 months later,I happened to have occasion to contact CRKT on an unrelated matter,and casually mentioned my experience with the broken clip,
suggesting they perhaps beef it up somehow.
Guess what?
They offered to send me a Crawford Falcon as an upgrade/replacement!
(The knife I had contacted them about was the Ryan 7 folder,which I bought
at a discount).
That was about 8 years ago,and I've been a fan ever since.
Pound for pound,they offer the best value going,I think.
(I also like the Boker/Chad Los Banos 'Hyper')
**My only complaint is that CRKT has some designs I really love,
but they only offer them in 420 series steel,which is utter garbage,imo.

If CRKT would stop using a bead blast finish on all of their knives, I'd be their #1 fan. The bb finish is cheap, porous, traps moisture, and about guarantees rust.

I visited their site after reading this thread earlier today. I looked at the M16-14T (Titanium Big Dog Tanto). Of the four reviews, all of them loved it, but two complained about rust. That would be a big heads up for me!

Glad to see I'm not alone :) Looks like their customer service has developed a track record over the years.

No bead blast finish on the Tuition there are a few minor not picks though inconsistent edge, nylon washers in a flipper do noting to make the knife a flipper.

GMCRKT.jpg

Thanks for the feedback BSSC I'll let the sale supervisor know, he loves consumer feedback. It's the only way we can get things up to our standards for EDC :)

Forgot to mention the pivot screw was woefully under length on two threads were engaging ... good thing I have plenty of m3 screw around

Back