Wayne Coe @ Bethel Ridge Forge.

Fred Rowe

Ever one agreed that having Wayne at our shop was a real treat. We were introduced to many hammering and forging techniques that we were not familiar with.
Saturday morning we got started around 7:30 and had the smithy rocking until around two in the afternoon, when we stopped to eat. I'll have to admit we got a bit lazy after we consumed a big batch of jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped venison, cubed steak, cole slaw apple pie and finished off with a good amount of home brew. It was a great feed. A big thanks to all of you that made it happen.
And Wayne, my friend, you have an open invitation here anytime, I thank you sir.2thumbs

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00026.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00019.JPG

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

Good times for sure! Wayne put on a good demo of forging a Bulldog headed knife. I learned a bunch about hammer control and moving hot steel. Wayne was also nice enough to dress my Hofi style hammer up for me. Thanks again to Wayne for everything! We for sure had great feast and a couple of homemade brews made the afternoon a bit slow, but we still got some forging accomplished. Thanks for hosting and having us all down Fred. -Burton

Last edited:
Had a great time Fred, thanks!! Thanks to you too Wayne, outstanding demos and great company. Let us know how that cable turns out. Moon.

Hey LF, It looks like Wayne is standing in a hole in them pic's.huh1:confused: Wayne Lil' Fella. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Last edited:
I also got my Bubble Jig and lessons on using it.
I call the knife the "Knife Dogs Knife".
AND, Fred got me to make my first Canned Damascus Billet.
Thanks for your kind comments and the learning and fun was on a two way street.

Looks like I am standing in a hole in that 4th picture down:confused::) I am not really that short. I think that Fred was shooting pics from the hip.

Dang, I resemble that remark!:p:D Luckily Fred just had that hole blasted in there a week ago:D

Whew, sure glad Fred didn't take a full body shot of me, this is gettin' ugly. But I'll probably regret saying that. Moon:eek:

this is gettin' ugly
Hey Moon no need to cut on IG he didn't do nothing to you:D
Whew, sure glad Fred didn't take a full body shot of me
That's the bad part of all this the only pic of me is from the chest up so IG must be making jokes about my giant headstogie

Last edited:
That's the bad part of all this the only pic of me is from the chest up so IG must be making jokes about my giant headstogie

I just figured the they didn't have a wide angle lens to catch the full girth of you.:confused::eek::unsure: HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
Moon, what pic are you in??? I need another target.2guns2thumbs:D

I never trust a guy with a Indian Tattoo, glasses, beard, long hair and etc.huh1:confused::unsure: Boy!!! That description sounds familiar.:duh: HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Back