New to site...and knife making.

J

jstalljon

Just wanted to introduce myself...I see a few familiar names from other sites so I thought I'd join the fray here! :D

Made my first knife from an old circular saw blade, and it was not a pretty sight! :eek:

With some help from Gary's tutorial and some other input....invested in some better tools and material.

This was my second knife... 3/16" - O1 tool steel, 8" O.A.L., (6) 3/32" brass pins and (1) 1/4" mosaic pin placed in African Wenge scales

2knife2a.JPG

2knife3.JPG

And here are my 3rd and 4th profiles. I currently have the longer caper ready or heat treat....hoping to have the shorter skinner to that point this weekend, and get them both heat treated and tempered

New_profiles.jpg

Looks like a great site with a lot of talented makers, looking forward to spending some time here.

Jon

I see progress! Looking very good and very nice second knife! Looking forward to seeing the others come to life.

Chris

Great job and looks as if you really understood what you read. The knife is great. Congratulations,
Jim

welcome to the pack ya got mutt like me old dog k9 ,excetra a good bunch you wount to post your saw blade knife & whats the sizes of your shorter skinner i like the lines on that one

Last edited:
Back