Memory??????

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
It seems that as I grow older I seem to be losing my short term memory and I also seem to be losing my short term memory.

Steve

Heck, how would you like to be me? I have what is known in my family as "Sicilian Alziemers."

You forget everything, except the grudges.

My advice is to embrace it with a passion. In fact, I just finished my own thread on this aging business.

Hey Steve, they say you can buy memory at the computer store....but if forgot where it is. scooter 1

Not too long ago,
One morning I drew, cut out,and ground the bevels on a blade.
then put it down and went inside,about 25 ft, and poured a cup,
came back and could NOT find the blade that I was working on.
I had to start all over with another one.
About a month later I found it in a slack bucket.[I HAD 3 buckets]
Now--coffee pot is on my work bench.
Jerry

Jerry, I have found my reading glasses in the refrigerator...

I got my meds mixed up and took sleeping pills and NO DOZE at the same time.
That night I dreamt that I couldn't sleep.

The next night I dreamt that I had gotten a job in a muffler and tail pipe factoty.

I woke up exhausted.

Last edited:
and the next night I dreamt I was the Sta Puft Marshmallow Man ballon from the Macy's thanksgiving day parade..
when I woke up, I had swallowed my pillow.

Three elderly knifemakers are at the doctor's office for a memory test.

The doctor asks the first maker, "What is three times three?" "274," is his reply. The doctor rolls his eyes and looks up at the ceiling, and says to the second maker , "It's your turn. What is three times three?"
"Tuesday," replies the second maker. The doctor shakes his head sadly, then asks the third maker, "Okay, your turn. What's three times three?"
"Nine," says the third maker.
"That's great!" says the doctor. "How did you get that?"
"Simple," he says, "just subtract 274 from Tuesday."

I keep meaning to visit the Alzheimer's Association office near my house, but I can never remember where it is or who I was going to visit...

I'm torn on this topic of Alziemers, I think my Grandpa had it.

He died peacefully in his sleep. However the five other passengers in his car died screaming for their lives...

Alzheimer's is not a disease to make fun of. If you ever had or have a loved one who suffered from it you would know what I'm talking about. Bad joke pal.

We can lighten up a little here guys. No one means any disrespect to loved ones.

I started this thread as a joke to make fun of myself, but we are all benevolent people and would just as soon pray for your families then direspect anyone.

The joke about the grandpa works about the same without the Alzheimer reference, it shouldn't be taken as a jab.

Thanks for your understanding,
Steve Janik

Last edited:
Larry, I did not mean to offend. I have a friend who is very dear to me going into the later stages. The gallows humor is how I deal with many things.

I'll be forty-six next week and notice my memory is not always so hot. I refer to it as Half-Timers.

Some diseases are funny to people until it hits home, than they are looking for sympathy. No need to apologize anyone.

No, I understand the concerns. But Larry does not know me well, nor does he understand my position on death.

My Mom died of Alziemers. It happens. My view is much like the pattern of mourning they choose in New Orleans. They demonstrate grief going to the gravesite, and celebration upon leaving.

My Grandfather left a hefty sum in his will to buy copious amounts of liquor for his post-gravesite festivities. He wrote, "Party upon your return for I will not be with you." (BTW, my Grandfather was a line-mechanic for Harley for over four decades--it must run in the family.:D)

I'm not giving my enemies--any of them--the comfort in believing that I fear them. That includes 'death.' I cannot stop the process, granted, by I shall not live in its shadow in abject fear.

Perhaps in the fullness of time you will come to know my philosophies and sense of gallows humor. But I can assure you, I respect those who have died, but I will not give a moment's comfort to reaper that stalks us all.

In 1987 I broke my neck in five places. I broke C2 in half, and C5 into three pieces. And yes, I'll still make jokes.

Back