Irony in the knifemaking business

brunolundh

Maybe a strange question!

I'm into graphic design and naming stuff I have made, just for fun.

And I came up with a silly name, but unsure what reception it would get.
I think its pretty funny, but I like irony alot.

I woulden't want people think i'm stupied when/if I show it on the forum. (or other) :eek:

What do you think about irony in the knifemaking business.

Here is the logo:
useless.png

If it's any comfort, I faced the same problem. I wanted my company name to be memorable. I chose:

Bada Bing Cutlery Emporium

Nobody has forgotten the name yet, business is good, and it gets a laugh.

Haha! I love it!

When I was going to start my company (i'm a carpenter)
I was thinking of name it "Snyggare byggare" which means "more handsome builders" Sounds better in swedish when it rimes. 2thumbs

/bruno

I like irony in all things including knifemaking. I used to drag race , I drove a 1938 chevy coupe that would run the 1/4 mile in 9 seconds at 150 mph I named this car SLOW RIDE, this name was air brushed in big letters on the side of the car, it always made people laugh when they saw it go so fast after pulling a 12" to 24" wheelstand.

The official legal (I am a corporation in Texas) name of my business is Broadwell Studios. I always spell out the name, because using the initials would just cause trouble.

David

Another example here is the unique names of professional race horses. A top three year old might wear the moniker "Carnival Ride." Granted, it's a registering tool, but it also helps potential clients (the guys betting) remember the name or play a hunch.

Sales have alwayss depended on "butts in the seats." If your company's name, reputation and location (location, location) are bringing you enhanced revenue, then you've struck gold.

use your name

Hey Pug,
You are starting out young, if you are going to be a maker, USE YOUR NAME.
Your first knives are just that, there are the first and people will appreciate your name on them in 20 years. You also have a great makers name.

I wont post it here but ,A----- H-----Custom Knives would look great on an oval stamp or stencil.

Just My Opinion,
Steve

Back