Paul Bos Retiring?

Yes, Paul is retiring and moving to Prescott Arizona. He will continue to work with Buck on a limited basis as an advisor/consultant. Paul Farner, who was trained by Paul Bos for 10 years, will take over the heat treating at Buck.

Yes, Paul is retiring and moving to Prescott Arizona. He will continue to work with Buck on a limited basis as an advisor/consultant. Paul Farner, who was trained by Paul Bos for 10 years, will take over the heat treating at Buck.

Thanks For confirming!

Will they still do heat treating for custom makers?

I read that in Blade,but I think it said he was still going to have some part,at least for a little while.I just read through it real quick,I need to read it again.

I was slow on my typing,but Mike is right.

God bless,Keith

Last edited:
Paul Bos did the custom heat treating. He had a deal with Buck that allowed his to run his own heat treating business from there. I don't know if Buck will offer that service.

It looks like an opportunity for one of you youngsters with mega knowledge on heat treating to start advertising. He made great money for years although he worked his hiney off doing all our knives. Poor guy never had a day off I bet.

I wrote Paul , he said there will be no disruption in service . All is good

I was very glad to read this. The semi-custom knife brand I carry wears the 'Bos' stamp. In fact, I look for this amid the many attributes I need before opening my wallet.

After all, wouldn't you look for a "Shelby" tag somewhere when buying a 428 engine block? I was still disappointed when I read the article at B&N.

I received a letter from Paul announcing his retirement and explaining that Paul Farner will continue to treat our blades for us as he has for many years.
Kevin

Back